[CONFIRMED] Sokomania in the Spaceship 1, level 4

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Cosmos

[CONFIRMED] Sokomania in the Spaceship 1, level 4

Post by Cosmos »

Level set from https://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/levels/ section "The Sokoban level collection".

The first 3 levels are very simple, so I think this one should also be easy. But there is gravity. How to solve it?
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Sokomania in the Spaceship 1, level 4

Post by Holger »

Hi Cosmos, welcome to the forum! :)

I am almost sure that this is a bug that was most probably caused not by the level designer, but by the programmer of the game (oops, that's me :oops: ).

This level was created in 2003, which was a year or frequent and heavy changes in the game program, not always having backwards compatibility of existing levels in mind. (I am way more serious about this now.)

So, please just skip this level as being unsolvable with the current game engine. (It must have been unsolvable since about 20 years now. :shock: ) As far as I can tell, there are no other levels containing a gravity port in this level set, so the remaining levels should be fine and solvable (hopefully). However, this level set is so old that I also did not care about solution tapes and general solvability back then, so it may be possible that this is not the only unsolvable level in this set (or that collection).

But I have seen in my high score server reports that levels from this level set are solved for the very first time in the last few days, which was probably you! So, thanks a lot for solving these levels for the very first time (and also for finding unsolvable levels), as this will make it possible to (a) re-release this old, but fine level set with solution tapes from the high score server, and (b) fix those levels that are unsolvable (and then also add a solution tape for them), which not only improves the quality of this level set for other players (being sure that it is solvable, and being able to see the solution, if wanted or needed), but also enables me to add this level set (together with the new solution tapes) to my game engine test suite, which makes it possible to ensure that these levels are always solvable with every new version of the game! (Even though there are only very few and small changes to the game engine now, if any, but it's always good to be able to find out that an engine change breaks existing levels before releasing it, and fixing it before the final release.)

So, thank you for your contribution to this game, and sorry for the inconvenience! :)

Update: I have moved this thread to the "Bug Reports" forum, as this is a bug in the level set that I have to solve.
Cosmos

Post by Cosmos »

Btw, in the same level set, in Sasquatch level 6 there is another error. There is no player on the level )
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Indeed! :shock:
amirnatsheh7

Post by amirnatsheh7 »

have you see linux developer's resource 1995 october rocks'n'diamonds?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

amirnatsheh7, is this related to the topic? Else please open a new thread for it!
amirnatsheh7

Post by amirnatsheh7 »

Holger wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:33 am amirnatsheh7, is this related to the topic? Else please open a new thread for it!
let me see
Cosmos

Post by Cosmos »

The same level pack. Level set Sasquatch, level 15 has more bulbs than lightnings.
Cosmos

Post by Cosmos »

Sokomania in the Spaceship 2, level 16.
Unreachable spot inside blue tubes.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Thanks again for reporting these bugs here, so I am able to fix the level set and release an update! :)