Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

richard

zomis.xplorer.nu

Post by richard »

I got an e-mail:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

" Hi,

I visited http://zomis.xplorer.nu, and noticed that you're not listed on some search engines! I would like to introduce to you an affordable service where we can help enhance your online presence globally.

Search engine submission is an integral part of the success of your web site. Building a web presence means more than just having the right keywords. We offer a star solution that will produce guaranteed results. Our unique search engine positioning technology helps submit your website to over 300,000 search engines and directories every month.
It takes only minutes to sign up for our service. We'll do the rest! You'll be surprised how simple it is to now reach out to an international market and increase the visibility of your website.

Do let me know how I may assist you better with workmiracle.com!
Best Regards,
Elisabeth Brown

Sales and Marketing
E-mail: Elisabethbrown@workmiracle.com
http://www.workmiracle.com

Not interested in our www.workmiracle.com service? To be taken off our mailing list, please follow the instructions here."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did I got that spam, Simon ?! There was even your fury entrance picture from French ! :x
bojster

Post by bojster »

Congratulations, now you know what happens when you show your e-mail publicly :twisted:
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

But why the f*** did they send it to you? I thought I was the owner of zomis.xplorer.nu? :roll: :o :shock: :?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Congratulations, now you know what happens when you show your e-mail publicly

Exactly my thoughs, too! ;-D

> But why the f*** did they send it to you? I thought I was the owner of zomis.xplorer.nu?

"They" are probably a little script written in Perl or Python, run by a "company" that offers "services" also known as Google bombing...
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:> But why the f*** did they send it to you? I thought I was the owner of zomis.xplorer.nu?

"They" are probably a little script written in Perl or Python, run by a "company" that offers "services" also known as Google bombing...
Yes, of course "they" are...but I still don't understand why they send it to Ric :P
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

Zomis wrote:
Holger wrote:> But why the f*** did they send it to you? I thought I was the owner of zomis.xplorer.nu?

Yes, of course "they" are...but I still don't understand why they send it to Ric :P
I think "they" picked up Richard's e-mail from his profile on the RnD archive, and I guess "they" didn't care that a couple of emails would go to people who don't actually own the site their email shows up on.
richard

Post by richard »

But why did """"""they"""""" have choosen exactly Simon´s Site ? Fury...
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

richard wrote:But why did """"""they"""""" have choosen exactly Simon´s Site ? Fury...
Because "they" have probably chose 99,999 other sites too. :P
bojster

Post by bojster »

I'm getting that message sort of regularly, concerning my homepage, so I guess 99,999,999 is more like it ;-)
Grunt002

Post by Grunt002 »

[/quote]
I think "they" picked up Richard's e-mail from his profile on the RnD archive, and I guess "they" didn't care that a couple of emails would go to people who don't actually own the site their email shows up on.[/quote]

...or they just chose a name from Zomis' website. :|
YOU LIKE MY SIGNATURE DON'T YOU?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Grunt002 wrote:
I think "they" picked up Richard's e-mail from his profile on the RnD archive, and I guess "they" didn't care that a couple of emails would go to people who don't actually own the site their email shows up on.
...or they just chose a name from Zomis' website. :|
kinda the same thing ;)