what if DC3, Igor, SR, repton, heartlight and DC Steam on R'n'd?

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

Re: what if DC3, Igor, SR, repton, heartlight and DC Steam on R'n'd?

Post by ncrecc »

if you really want all this to be in then the first step should probably be detailing all the individual mechanics and what they do, as i did with DC3 a while ago: viewtopic.php?t=2686

the second step is to accept holger is likely done with adding new mechanics to rnd by this point, and just make them yourself as custom elements :P or fork RnD to add them, if you know C

(also, DC3 in particular has been suggested since 2005: viewtopic.php?t=615 )
amirnatsheh7

Post by amirnatsheh7 »

ncrecc wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:07 am if you really want all this to be in then the first step should probably be detailing all the individual mechanics and what they do, as i did with DC3 a while ago: viewtopic.php?t=2686

the second step is to accept holger is likely done with adding new mechanics to rnd by this point, and just make them yourself as custom elements :P or fork RnD to add them, if you know C

i think DC3 Elements update is dead link
viewtopic.php?p=4179
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Where do you see dead links? They all work fine for me.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

ncrecc wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:07 am if you really want all this to be in then the first step should probably be detailing all the individual mechanics and what they do, as i did with DC3 a while ago: viewtopic.php?t=2686

In fact, support for DC3 game elements would be the suggestion that would by far make the most sense, as they would fit nicely into the existing (main) game engine which already supports most DC2 game elements.

BTW: It is a shame that I never replied to that thread linked above! It is a really extensive and very helpful post (and replies to it) which will help me a lot if I really should plan to add DC3 support one day! (I nearly forgot about it, so thanks a lot for drawing my attention to it again!)

But as you mentioned "suggested since 2005": There's another game engine that's missing on the above list of potential games to add to R'n'D that was suggested even longer (much longer, in fact), and that's the game that started it all: Boulder Dash.

In fact, it was on my road map for R'n'D since a very long time, but somehow got lost during the addition of the native Emerald Mine and Supaplex game engines. But that's not the case anymore -- I'm currently actively working on the integration of a native, fully BD compatible game engine into R'n'D, and it will hopefully be released this year. (It's based on an older version of GDash, which is known to be one of the best BD game engines out there.)
ncrecc

Post by ncrecc »

Holger wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:55 am
Where do you see dead links? They all work fine for me.
i think he's referring to http://www.zomis.net/rnd/info.php?f=164 , as linked to from this thread, which is a shame as apparently it contained some recreated elements from DC3 as custom elements.