sort priority

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Martijn

sort priority

Post by Martijn »

Hi,

I have many levelsets in my levels folder, neatly arranged in additional classic levels, additional player levels, contributions, examples, etc.
Besides, I gave all the levelsets the right colour (i.e. green for contributions etc.).

BUT the sort priority of many levelsets is not right. For example, BD2K3 is at the bottom of the list in my additional player levels folder. And even if I would change all the levelsets' priority, it would be a mess again when I would add new levelsets! (In that case I have to change the sort priority of all levels again...)

So, I wonder if it is possible that this can be changed. So that all levels are in the right alphabetical order.

I put this thread in the 'new ideas' topic, but actually I have now idea if this is ever possible...
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Currently, the "additional player levels" have a sort priority so that the "Contributions" sets come first and then other (single) sets (like BD2K3).

Probably that's the reason why your own structure does not match here...

Sometime in the future there will be a way to select how the level sets should be displayed -- something like your MP3s are displayed on your MP3 player. So you will then be able to select your level sets to be sorted by name, by author or by year etc.

Maybe this could help to sort things out here...