add some way to play a hall of fame tape with the keyboard

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

add some way to play a hall of fame tape with the keyboard

Post by ncrecc »

referring to this screen:
HoF.png
HoF.png (29 KiB) Viewed 372 times
currently the only way to play the tape of this entry is to click on the the play button. i think this is the only non-editor aspect of the menu that requires you to use the mouse to do something.

the obvious solution to me seems like "press ENTER to view tape, press any other button [including escape] to exit", and if there's no tape for this entry then pressing any button should exit.
ncrecc

also, editing player/team names

Post by ncrecc »

this situation also requires using the mouse (to click EDIT):
players and teams.png
players and teams.png (44.69 KiB) Viewed 363 times
the left and right buttons aren't currently used in this screen, so maybe make pressing right equivalent to clicking EDIT for the currently selected row
Holger
Site Admin

Re: add some way to play a hall of fame tape with the keyboard

Post by Holger »

ncrecc wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm referring to this screen:

currently the only way to play the tape of this entry is to click on the the play button. i think this is the only non-editor aspect of the menu that requires you to use the mouse to do something.

the obvious solution to me seems like "press ENTER to view tape, press any other button [including escape] to exit", and if there's no tape for this entry then pressing any button should exit.
There's another solution (that I thought may be obvious, but apparently is not) to play the tape: Just press the "play tape" key that's defined in the setup menu to play a tape! :)

Your suggested solution (play the tape by pressing the "enter" key) also seems very reasonable to me, and I think I'll add it that way! :)
ncrecc wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 pm this situation also requires using the mouse (to click EDIT):

the left and right buttons aren't currently used in this screen, so maybe make pressing right equivalent to clicking EDIT for the currently selected row
This is a good suggestion, too, and I think I'll add it that way!

Update: Both key shortcuts are now added to the corresponding menu screens. :)