what if Custom elements with filetype levels?

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

amirnatsheh7

what if Custom elements with filetype levels?

Post by amirnatsheh7 »

i think idea is to filetype/file format to use with Custom elements in this level on Rocks'n'diamonds!
Holger
Site Admin

Re: what if Custom elements with filetype levels?

Post by Holger »

Unfortunately, I am not sure what you mean here. Could you please explain it a little bit more?

It is nice that you have so many ideas for R'n'D (which, btw, should better be posted in the "New Ideas" forum), but I think it would be helpful if you would concentrate on only a few of them, think a little bit more about them before you post them, and, if you post them, write some more so than others can understand what you mean. :)
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

Yeah, amirnetsheh, your english for... barely audible for now, which I don't judge, I myself am not an English major, and even back in the day, when I just registered (which wasn't actually that long ago, that was just around 10 years really), my messages were... more like a caveman speech... but, back to the point.
If I understand correctly, he means is that we could potentially store CE's settings in separate files and transfer between levels, which is... Questionable, I'd say, since that is actually a thing already, just not as separate file for each one, but basically a level file, which is used as a "template".
If you want every level to share the same CE settings for all levels, all you need is go to the level you have your custom CEs already pre-configured, then Level configuration (CONF in editor toolbox), open "Editor" tab and click the "Save this level as level template" button, which will basically clone the level into a new file "template.level", then click on the "Use template for the custom elements" so all newly created levels in the same levelset will use the same CEs as the template, so you won't need to configure them over and over for each level.
Even better, if you also want to transfer same CEs to another level, just grab that same "template.level" file and toss it into whatever other levelset you want to put it in and make it use template for CEs as well.
asdasdasda.png
asdasdasda.png (58.07 KiB) Viewed 790 times
Also, one more thing, since this topic was actually an "idea" of sort, then I think you created this topic in a wrong subforum, because there is an entire subforum dedicated to giving new ideas for the game. On other hand, yeah, this forum is general discussion, so I guess that somewhat works, but if you want to give an idea for R'n'D updates, then I think it's better to create such topics in "New Ideas" subforum.
𒈟
amirnatsheh7

Post by amirnatsheh7 »

Holger wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:24 am Unfortunately, I am not sure what you mean here. Could you please explain it a little bit more?

It is nice that you have so many ideas for R'n'D (which, btw, should better be posted in the "New Ideas" forum), but I think it would be helpful if you would concentrate on only a few of them, think a little bit more about them before you post them, and, if you post them, write some more so than others can understand what you mean. :)
are you making update with big update or small update 4.3.8.2?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I do not see how exactly your last question relates to what you have quoted in that same post. Nor do I see what it has to do with the topic of this thread.

So please stay on topic, or just open a new thread for a new topic.

BTW: Asking for the next update of R'n'D (without any reference to some feature that is about to be implemented) usually does not make much sense, as this game is a hobby project. However, if you want to pay me lots of money to make me release more features more often, just let me know. ;-)