mirror magic adventure is finally done! out now!!!!

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

amirnatsheh7

mirror magic adventure is finally done! out now!!!!

Post by amirnatsheh7 »

​its about time, along ago for mindbender and deflektor as a retro video game from the 80s, but its mirror magic adventure aslo know as mindbender 2!
a skyspace in the earth world of the magical place of and that mean i guess its a Enter the Magical World futureness of mirror magic adventure, a world full of Mystical Powers beyond all human expectations. Transmit your spells along magical energy lines whilst the magicians of the underworld try everything in their power to break these lines.

find download the link here!:
https://amirgordon37isback.editorx.io/m ... cadventure
Attachments
mmalevel55.PNG
mmalevel55.PNG (789.87 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
mmalevel39.PNG
mmalevel39.PNG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2194 times
mmalevel106.PNG
mmalevel106.PNG (778.32 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
mmalevel90.PNG
mmalevel90.PNG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 2194 times
ncrecc

Re: mirror magic adventure is finally done! out now!!!!

Post by ncrecc »

i think this should be moved to the "level design and artwork" subforum... didnt even know topics could be created in R'n'D Announcements
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Hi amirnatsheh7, that one looks cool and like a lot of work -- 151 levels, wow! :D

I'll give it a try soon! :)

Hi ncrecc,
i think this should be moved to the "level design and artwork" subforum...
you're right -- done!
didnt even know topics could be created in R'n'D Announcements
Didn't know that either! :shock: Fixed the forum permissions accordingly now. :)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Hi Amir,

I've just played the first 10 levels of your new level set, and my first impression is that it is quite some fun to play it! :D

You also did a good job with all the graphics and sound customizations (although it's really a heavy load of ~70 MB of sounds and ~170 MB of music). You even added a title story!

When playing your level set, I've encountered quite a few game engine quirks, where the laser beam did not always behave as it should. This is usually caused by mixing game elements from Mirror Magic and Deflektor, which should be perfectly fine, but is in fact untested in some cases. These are bugs in my program, not in your level set, so it's something I have to debug and fix. :( (I thought I had fixed most of them, as Eizzoux had encountered and reported several old bugs in the game engine, but apparently there are more of them that I have to debug and fix.)

(I also noticed some minor quirks, like playing the sound for counting the remaining time longer than it is displayed graphically. Never seen this before, but I should investigate this, too.)

As a minor side note, the game panel might fit better to the rest of the graphics (and would be friendlier to the eyes) if it would have less contrast. The current maximum white background is a bit uneasy to look at, I think.

Regarding the music choice: I had to turn it off every now and then, as it seems to be very dominant here and there. But that's personal taste, and is no problem (as the music button is always available). But I like the sound effects you have used, which fit well to the game!

Overall, you have created a good level set that's fun to play -- well done! :-)