[RESOLVED] Problem RnD from flatpak

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

khvolk

[RESOLVED] Problem RnD from flatpak

Post by khvolk »

I installed RnD from flatpak "org.artsoft.rocksndiamonds 4.3.2.1 stable flathub" on my Fedora 39 Workstation. Running it from the commandline I get the following errors:

Code: Select all

flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=rocksndiamonds org.artsoft.rocksndiamonds
[WARN] SDL_InitSubSystem() failed: Could not setup connection to PulseAudio
[WARN] no game controller base mappings found
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  152 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  119
  Current serial number in output stream:  120
My Desktop is Plasma (KDE) and $XDG_SESSION_TYPE says that I am in X11, not Wayland. Steam is installed. Can this be the reason for this error?
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Problem RnD from flatpak

Post by Holger »

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
This seems to be the cause of the error, and it looks like an error in R'n'D itself, which apparently causes an unrecoverable error within the X11 server operation, which apparently causes the program to fail.

Could you please try to use the current version from www.artsoft.org instead? The Linux package should run on your system out-of-the-box. (If it does not, please let me know -- in this case, recompiling from source by typing "make" in the main package directory should do it.)
khvolk

Post by khvolk »

The Fedora 4.3.2.0 package works without problems. The reason why I was experimenting with the Flatpak was, that I set up another Computer just for gaming. Here I am trying to use Fedora Kinoite. That is an immutable system (Fedora Silverblue with KDE). But I just tried to install the RnD package with prm-ostree and this works too.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I'm glad to hear that you were able to solve the problem! :)

Does the solution that works now uses a more recent version of the game? Just curious.

BTW: It's very interesting to read about the systems you are using (especially the "immutable system" aspect), because I also have to set up a new Linux desktop (and I also prefer KDE). I have just installed the latest Kubuntu on an old Mac for my daugther, which works just fine. (But for my own desktop, I still would have to buy new hardware first, as my current PC is from around 2010 or 2011...)