[NEW] Window icon goes missing

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

[NEW] Window icon goes missing

Post by Eizzoux »

uggsadkjsad.png
uggsadkjsad.png (208.18 KiB) Viewed 2978 times
Relatively recently I learned that R'n'D has dynamic icons (you can see that if you put MM resources in R'n'D and choose one of MM classics or in most recent Reflektor demo). It is neat, but it can just spontaneously stop working and keep the same icon no matter what graphic or level set you switch to. But I want to tell you that in one way you can make the game window display no icon what-so-ever.

Go to Setup → Graphics, turn Fullscreen ON, Save & Exit. Close the game and open again, go to Setup and turn Fullscreen back OFF.
asgaddasg.png
asgaddasg.png (111.93 KiB) Viewed 2978 times
As you can see, the icon is completely gone, so window top only has the game title and the necessary buttons on the top right. Moving to any other levelset won't change anything about the icon until you save the Fullscreen: OFF setup and reopen the program.

Also, unrelated, but the recent 4.3.8.1 update kind of broke some global anim behaviors. Just try clicking in the recent Reflektor demo and... Yeah, some stuff is unclickable, pointer doesn't click because the entire screen is covered by an anim which was letting the click through before (4.3.8.0 for sure). Same for the ornament, you can't click on it in 4.3.8.1, it's covered by the anim that is drawn in window and which covers the entire playfield. That is just really strange, to say the least.
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Window icon goes missing

Post by Holger »

Happy new year everybody! :-D

These are in fact two bug reports (well, three, to be precise)...

Not sure about the icon problems (not checked yet), but I just had a look at the second and third problem regarding global animations:
pointer doesn't click because the entire screen is covered by an anim which was letting the click through before (4.3.8.0 for sure).
This is in fact a programming error. Even though the mouse pointer is _drawn_ always on top of all other global animations (regardless of any ".draw_order" that might be defined), it is not _checked_ first for mouse clicks (as it should be, and as it was in the past). This should only affect "mouse pointer animations while mouse button is clicked" style animations (as in your Reflector demo), and will be fixed in 4.3.8.2 soon.
Same for the ornament, you can't click on it in 4.3.8.1, it's covered by the anim that is drawn in window and which covers the entire playfield. That is just really strange, to say the least.
This is simply a little problem with the related global animation definition (and it did only work in 4.3.8.0 as a side effect of a bug that was introduced in 4.3.8.0 and that was fixed in 4.3.8.1 -- it did also not work in 4.3.7.1 or 4.3.6.0, but for some strange reason did work again in older versions like 4.3.5.0, for example).

The reason is that the (transparent) animation that covers the ornament does not let clicks through. This can easily be fixed as follows, by adding the following line to your "graphicsinfo.conf":

Code: Select all

global.anim_19.NO_TITLE.style: passthrough_clicks
With this line added, the ornament can be clicked again also in the current version 4.3.8.1.
amirnatsheh7

Post by amirnatsheh7 »

eizzoux, where is RND 64 downloads?
Eizzoux

Off-topic discussion about R'n'D

Post by Eizzoux »

First off...
amirnatsheh7 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:28 pm eizzoux, where is RND 64 downloads?
...Nowhere, I never uploaded it, because of... unexpected events.
I lost progress of around half of my projects (including 'old' Reflektor and R'n'D 64).
Eizzoux wrote: The only raw files of major recent projects I uploaded for last three or four years were only:
  • Android Viewport (Questionable Android Viewport test topic) which I haven't changed after uploading so no loss here, I have access to it, I can just download it myself.
  • At least two archives of raw Cave Chaos 2 in R'n'D with only one test level. Same as with A.V., I haven't done much after uploading these so not a big deal, can download it myself.
  • Rocks'n'diamonds 64 - I was only showing some of the screenshots and GIFs showcasing some of the quirks like additional animations, toggleable "mods" via putting additional conf files. There was a lot of progress which I sadly couldn't restore. I didn't upload any archives of it.
  • Same with R'n'D 64, I was only posting screenshots and even a video showcasing first 10 levels. I had plans to make two variations one with visuals similar to MM's standard gfx and other similar to Deflektor for Commodore Amiga (levels would be all the same for both). One more thing, I actually had third additional levelset for that package which was using mixed visuals of Reflektor and R'n'D and was supposed to have overly hard and unfair levels that were made to complete in few seconds (basically almost speedran via TAS). Of course, no footage on hands, so can't provide anything to prove that. Again, no possible backup files online.
About the loss - the files were lost due to the disk crash. And I tried to restore the files, but... No success. It restored most of the files themselves, yeah, but only their vessels, while all of their interior is jumbled and corrupted. Basically almost no files were valid except a couple of unrelated PNG pictures each under 1 Kb. None of the related stuff made it out in it's finest, only pure mess. I don't know if there's any other way to properly restore them, but I tried my best, at least my current best.
Fortunately, as you already know, Reflektor is back and is, honestly, in much better condition, because while after losing the old one, I sorta improved in pixel art. Especially comparing new chipped cells and fragile walls to the old ones... God, old ones were actually kind of ugly... (I don't mean that it's ugly because of blur, just because it's ugly in general)
efadsgsdgfsdf.png
efadsgsdgfsdf.png (143.96 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
And overall the levelset is better than the old one because of the more unique look of the screen... the old one just used MM screen, and... it's not ugly, it's just that was lazy.

Second, you're kinda off-topic again. I mean, if you wanted to ask a question about R'n'D 64, you could have asked that in related topic, although since I already answered to your question (and the project is at least currently frozen, if not dead completely, not sure myself), then that suggestion is already irrelevant in this situation.
𒈟
amirnatsheh7

Post by amirnatsheh7 »

i'm waiting for release full level of reflektor