[MM] Hardcoded boundaries

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

[MM] Hardcoded boundaries

Post by Eizzoux »

For now the beam and pretty much the entire MM engine playfield seems to be hardcoded to not go beyond R'n'D vanilla window boundaries and just pretty much doesn't exist for the game.
In editor
In editor
editor.png (19.99 KiB) Viewed 5160 times
In the game
In the game
game.png (12.58 KiB) Viewed 5160 times

That might also mean that, for example, Android viewport for MM/DF will probably look broken in current versions, but I'll have to double check that.
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: [MM] Hardcoded boundaries

Post by Holger »

I have tested this with a "large screen" graphic set, and apparently it works just fine for me when playing oversized MM style levels! :?

May it be possible that there is some bug in the "playing" viewport of the graphic set you have used? (Although I can perfectly imagine that this is a bug in the program, of course.)

Please check this issue with level 001 of the attached small level set (and feel free to attach your own level or artwork set that shows the described problem).
Attachments
test_custom_viewport_4_large_2.zip
(2.65 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Eizzoux

Re: [MM] Hardcoded boundaries

Post by Eizzoux »

Weirdly, only later I revisited the levelset I executed that in, and the issue is not relevant anymore, although I still don't know the exact reason why it suddenly stopped such behavior despite lack of my inputs in that. And it wasn't just a one-time issue, I had it after reloading the game, reentering the levelset, and it would occur each time. I had a suspicion that it might be some weird issue with playfield viewport overriding the door 1 viewport, because in that levelset they're placed right next to each other, but there was no override. I didn't even change anything and just left it be afterward, and then recently I revisited and, yeah, it works as intended now.

And, I guess, about the levelset itself, I intent to make it a little bit of the opposite of Reflektor, although I actually started making it before I started making Reflektor (the first time, when I lost both). Whilst Reflektor is a bit more friendly, relatively simple and overall pretty small levelset, this one I want to make a bit more... rough. The huge unforgiving mess of puzzles that also give you very little time to work with, irritating menu, huge screen where you can see everything but in a very small scale, even some screens will be blocked off completely... Overall very rude and repulsive pack with 10 levels. Yeah, weird intentions, but not really sure if I will develop it much further anyways.
𒈟