Fullscreen not functional.

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Thalassius

Fullscreen not functional.

Post by Thalassius »

Hi! :D

When selecting the fullscreen option, it flashes for a moment and returns to window mode.
Latest version, compiled with SDL 2 (v.2.0.5+dfsg1-2), on a Debian oldstable based distribution.

PS. Bug tracker, seems to be unavailable for the time being. Trying to access it, returns an "Internal Server Error"..
"For the glorious men, every land is a grave". Pericles Oration. Thucydides.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Fullscreen not functional.

Post by Holger »

Oops, this should not happen! :-o

Does it work if you run the pre-compiled binary from the release package? Or does it refuse to run on your system?

Do you have similar problems with other SDL based programs and fullscreen?

(BTW: What's "dfsg1-2"?)

Regarding the bug tracker: Oh well, you're right, unfortunately! I've upgraded the server to a more recent Ubuntu version some time ago, and the Bugzilla based bugtracker now refuses to work (which I do not understand, as it is written in Perl I think, but it seems that this is a complicated beast, which took me quite some time to run on the previously used Ubuntu version).

I still wanted to fix this, but it seems that I should add some "Currently not available" page instead for now... :-/
Thalassius

Post by Thalassius »

Holger wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 pm Oops, this should not happen! :-o

Does it work if you run the pre-compiled binary from the release package? Or does it refuse to run on your system?
The locally compiled version, behaves exactly as the repository one.
(Runs perfectly. Just refuses going fullscreen).
Holger wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 pm Do you have similar problems with other SDL based programs and fullscreen?
No. The rest SDL games (Dosbox, Sdlpop, Lgames) going fullscreen, with no complains.
Holger wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 pm (BTW: What's "dfsg1-2"?)
Actually...I never quite understood the Debian version numbering!!! :D
Mainly it's just some Debian-specific fixes and dependencies maintenance.
Maybe someone can figure out something, here: https://serverfault.com/questions/60454 ... convention
Again, that someone...isn't me! :oops:
Holger wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 pm Regarding the bug tracker: Oh well, you're right, unfortunately! I've upgraded the server to a more recent Ubuntu version some time ago, and the Bugzilla based bugtracker now refuses to work (which I do not understand, as it is written in Perl I think, but it seems that this is a complicated beast, which took me quite some time to run on the previously used Ubuntu version).

I still wanted to fix this, but it seems that I should add some "Currently not available" page instead for now... :-/
Oh well...This forum is a better place anyway! :wink:
"For the glorious men, every land is a grave". Pericles Oration. Thucydides.
filbo

Post by filbo »

That link says:
dfsg refers to a package that has been modified for compliance with the Debian Free Software Guidelines.
The Debian changelog for that package is at https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/ ... _changelog

It seems to me (from the very narrow perspective of examining this one package only) that 'dfsg' is a flag indicating that the package has, at some point in its Debian maintenance history, been subject to some modification for DFSG compliance. That is, it is separate from the attached serial numbers. For instance, if we look at the changelog between versions '2.0.2+dfsg1-5' and '2.0.2+dfsg1-6':
* rules: disable activec for ppc64el build (Closes: #770670)
-- this is clearly an optimization change (probably to restrain an overly aggressive compiler which breaks the code). It has nothing to do with licenses. Thus, 'dfsg1-6' doesn't mean 'waypoint 1.6 in the history of this thing's conversion to DFSG compliance', but rather 'DFSG flag is present; by the way, this is version 1.6 of our work on the upstream package version 2.0.2'.

The flag first appeared between versions '2.0.0~rc1-1' and '2.0.0+dfsg1-1'. The changelog for that has several notes, but I think this is the one which provoked 'dsfg':
- Remove from debian/copyright files that are now filtered out when creating the orig.tar
-- as fiddling with copyright statements would fall squarely under the domain of DFSG.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

The locally compiled version, behaves exactly as the repository one.
(Runs perfectly. Just refuses going fullscreen).
The rest SDL games (Dosbox, Sdlpop, Lgames) going fullscreen, with no complains.
Very strange. I have no idea what might cause the game refusing to go into fullscreen mode. :-o
Regarding the bug tracker: Oh well, you're right, unfortunately! I've upgraded the server to a more recent Ubuntu version some time ago, and the Bugzilla based bugtracker now refuses to work
Fixed!