Custom Variables

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Custom Variables

Post by Guest »

We have custom elements.
How about having custom variables that will allow simple arithmetic?
For example, let's say I have a custom element that I want to change to about 8 things, in a specific order. I would want to check the "variable 1" variable and see what value it has, and choose a page or something based on it -- or even explode to that size.

Anyway, variables could be used in the place of just about any configuration "number":
IE element changes to X after VAR seconds,
Where each element is assigned ONE variable to which it identifies itself.

I guess the idea isn't fleshed out very well. Tell me what you think
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

If I remember correctly, this was already discussed in the last (lost) forum. And the conclusion was, that this is a good idea. :-) In fact, I like it very much, because one can do a lot of new things with this (and it makes quite a lot of things much easier than it is now).

So I see a good change that I will implement something like that one day. :-)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Yes, it has indeed been mentioned before, but it's worth to mention again...

Meanwhile, "Guest", there's a lot of things like variables that can already be done by using mathematical Custom Elements. See my level Advanced Minesweeper 2.0 for some examples... (if you're a good level-analyzer, you'll see that there are some counters counting down to set the size of the sweepable playfield.

Post by Guest »

Make sure users can access some already existing variables (such as gems collected, time remaining, etc).