Rocks'n'diamonds - Show keys 2014

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Rocks'n'diamonds - Show keys 2014

Post by Eizzoux »

Hey, guys! It's me and now I want to present you the graphicset which adds keys 5-8 and white key on the interface.

Download:
Show Keys | Show Keys + Wide plugin | Show Keys + R'n'D 2013/14 plugin | Show Keys + Wide plugin + R'n'D 2013/14 plugin
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

filbo

Re: Rocks'n'diamonds - Show keys 2014

Post by filbo »

Hi -- for those of us not doing active artwork design etc. -- what do we do with this?!?

Well, I guess I figured out most of it for myself, so here are my notes:

I downloaded the full thing: rnd_show_keys_2014_wide_rnd_2013.zip.

If I make the extracted directory live at either my own directory ~/.rocksndiamonds/graphics/gfx_show_keys_wide_rnd2013/, or the system directory /usr/share/games/rocksndiamonds/graphics/gfx_classic/gfx_show_keys_wide_rnd2013/, a new entry shows up in Setup -> Custom Artwork -> Custom Graphics.

Selecting this (and setting "Override Level Graphics" to Yes) causes the RnD window to become wider (21 x 17 instead of 17 x 17 cels, or 42x32 instead of 34x32 in "Small Game Graphics" mode -- cool!). It also changes the level graphics (I'm currently in "Amiga Mine 1").

The first time I did warp-speed playback of a level (load tape, "Play" "Play" "Eject/Warp"), the player left glitch streaks all over the screen. But then this did not reproduce, and I didn't think to screen capture the one time it did it.

In the level editor, I can no longer scroll the tray of possible objects. Using the mouse wheel in that area scrolls the level contents up and down (as if the cursor was over the level). In fact, no click in that area produces any response -- I can't Undo, or scroll the list of objects by grabbing its scrollbar, or anything.

I played back a level with 4 keys and saw how the first 4 "shadow keys" were replaced by their bright images. It was a little disconcerting that the shadow and bright key of each color were different designs.

Do you have a list of level/sets which use keys 5-8 and especially the white key?
SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

YESSSSSSSS

I can not thank you enough for making this!!!!!
I was searching for this for nearly a week, for my two-player levelset, "Better Together", since that levelset uses a LOT of keys.
I finally found it!!!!!

But...
... is there any chance that you could make the .pcx file with the graphics a PNG? So I could edit the sprites a bit?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I saw your other post asking for this, and I knew something like that was already created by Eizzouxx, but couldn't find it either! Good to know that you found it!

Regarding PCX -> PNG, ask Uncle Google. There are a lot of free converters out there. :-)
SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Holger wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:25 am I saw your other post asking for this, and I knew something like that was already created by Eizzouxx, but couldn't find it either! Good to know that you found it!

Regarding PCX -> PNG, ask Uncle Google. There are a lot of free converters out there. :-)
Did it!
I'm kinda sad that the level indicator icon at the top of the hub was removed... do you know of a version that has both the enhanced key thing and the level indicator?
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

SLAPPYHAPPY2000 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:37 pm I'm kinda sad that the level indicator icon at the top of the hub was removed... do you know of a version that has both the enhanced key thing and the level indicator?
Weeeell... Maybe only this, but except it has, like, a bunch of random stuff compacted and plastered on one panel at once.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Eizzoux wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:14 pm Weeeell... Maybe only this, but except it has, like, a bunch of random stuff compacted and plastered on one panel at once.
Yikes. That is definitely too complicated for my purposes, but thank you anyways.