Title screen underneath editor!

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Alan

Title screen underneath editor!

Post by Alan »

Pretty nasty one this, just as well my mouse aim is poor otherwise this may never of been found. ;-)

In any CE setting click the black area above the n in the "Change" tab.
This will display the level selector from the title screen and also change level to (and without asking, so I lost a bit of work when I found it :-( )

Not only that but the mini map from the title screen appears over the element properties and other weird stuff to.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Ouch! I remember I saw this bug too, but somewhat forgot to report it. :?

It is definitely is a 3.2.1 thing, as 3.2.0 does not suffer from this, but I guess it's a trivial thing to fix, so the version doesn't matter that much. Seem just like those two buttons are left "active"... the overlayed redraw thing is a normal, collateral effect, I guess, as the buttons of the tape recorder don't work ;)

Sorry for not reporting this, Alan, you would have saved a bit of work :(

Little question for Holger, since we are in theme. All the mouse coord interception is made by your code, isn't it? I mean, you aren't using some kind of object of SDL, you are using that just for the display, while all the interface coding is done by you?

Well, just curious about it.
Last edited by Francesco on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

This one is really nasty! :-o

Looks like I changed something (probaby together with the screen fading stuff) so that the main screen gadgets are not disabled on the other screens... Wait, no: With 3.2.1, these gadgets were introduced! (They replaced nasty, hardcoded stuff in 3.2.0.) So I know what I have to do...

Seems like I should make some pre-releases for testing before releasing 3.2.3... :-/
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Take a look above, Holger, just cross posted...
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> All the mouse coord interception is made by your code, isn't it? I mean,
> you aren't using some kind of object of SDL, you are using that just for
> the display, while all the interface coding is done by you?

That's right. SDL is a very basic library, it just lets me put raw pixels on the screen and throws mouse events on me. :-)

So all "gadgets" (widgets like buttons or selectboxes) and their handling are coded by myself, which makes it easier to port the game to different platforms, as the code doesn't rely on platform-specific libraries...

Unfortunately, this also makes it "easier" to make errors that such libraries would help to prevent... :-/
HerzAusGold

Post by HerzAusGold »

Holger wrote:
...So I know what I have to do...
And please switch off during playing too!
(workaround in rndTest322-tc3 coded).
And the answer is ... 42 !
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Should be fixed now, but I'll double-check this with HerzAusGold's fix, too, to make sure I haven't overseen anything.