CE change actions

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> The link's broken though!

Oops?! Do you mean the download link in the announcement post?

I've just tested this by downloading the zip archive again, and all worked fine. *slightly confused*
Alan

Post by Alan »

It's working now..... :)

Post by Guest »

Tomi write:
... "Delete object(s) x" can be done when you add changepage "element changes to empty space when (event)" in object x, and so on. ...
But if this object will be normal object?

But in version 3.2.0-3 the recreate of all (no conveyor belts) elements will be possible.
asiekierka_notlogged

sss

Post by asiekierka_notlogged »

Sorry, that last guest will be I, asiekierka :lol: :lol:
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> But if this object will be normal object?

As you said: Just re-create it using CEs.

Or delete them using CEs and some tricks (depends on the level).

> But in version 3.2.0-3 the recreate of all (no conveyor belts) elements will
> be possible.

Not all, but most... Version 3.2.0-x won't bring many changes here, though.
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Would it be possible to add a *maintain variables* option to a CE?

So if a CE was to change, it would keep the variables it had before the change?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Darkon wrote:Would it be possible to add a *maintain variables* option to a CE?

So if a CE was to change, it would keep the variables it had before the change?
That would be VERY useful!! It would also be nice if an element could copy it's CE Count/score from some other element... for example the element which is at the left/top/right/bottom of it, or an element somewhere else on the map. This could also be used with functions like Average, Minimum, Maximum, etc. For example, "Set CE Count to average CE Count for element <element>"

and also, this may be a little too much but it could be worth mentioning anyways...how about making more "change ce configuration <type> to ...", for example movement, walkability, explosion, deadliness, etc.. it would be nice, but not totally needed (just thought that it's already possible to change the score and count values for the ce).
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

This would probably be useful...

But I think that I won't make things more complicated for now. Let's wait if anybody has any use for these new functionality anyway... :-)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:This would probably be useful...

But I think that I won't make things more complicated for now. Let's wait if anybody has any use for these new functionality anyway... :-)
I have, I have, I have :) I'm planning for a RND Strategy combat game, with some really nice stuff, there I'd definetely have use for all this (well... maybe not the "set ce deadliness" type of actions... but the rest!)
Rockford 4-ever

Post by Rockford 4-ever »

I don't get it, can someone write a small tutorial or so? :? (like a step-by step thing of what i need to click, cuz i have no idea what the 'If CE count is zero" or something means...)

Post by Guest »

Rockford 4-ever wrote:I don't get it, can someone write a small tutorial or so? :? (like a step-by step thing of what i need to click, cuz i have no idea what the 'If CE count is zero" or something means...)
If CE Count is zero this is "Change to x when CE count on board (this time) = 0"
asiekierka

EH...

Post by asiekierka »

that last guest will be i, asiekierka.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> > i have no idea what the 'If CE count is zero" or something means...)

> If CE Count is zero this is "Change to x when CE count on board (this time) = 0"

No, it isn't.

(Please don't post answers to questions you don't really know the answer to -- it's too confusing to correct it then, and this topic is confusing enough...)

Sorry, but this "CE count" is named very badly (and should be renamed), because it suggests that it means the number of CEs of that type in the playfield, which is not what it does.

Instead, "CE count" is an internal variable connected to each single CE of that type in the playfield, which is initialized on the first CE configuration page ("config 1") with the counter gadget "count". (This is usually used to specify the number of CEs of a certain type the player holds in his inventory when he collects this CE.)

This "CE count" value can be modified using CE actions, and CE conditions (CE changes or CE actions) can be triggered when such a modification causes the "CE count" value to reach zero (*not* to *be* zero, which wouldn't be an event, but a state!).

But probably this should be renamed and given a new (different) value with its own counter to set its initial value. (Unfortunately, the CE level file chunk is "full" and has no more bytes free for further values, so I misused an existing value -- not the best solution, I know, but rather a hack...)
asiekierka

eh...

Post by asiekierka »

You, Holger, can delete the CE data from .level file and move it to .cedata file.

Using that you can add every amont of that...

Steps:
1. Plan it structure and set-up it max size to unlimited...
2. Add to R'N'D copying new levels ce datas from .level file to .cedata file
3. Add new changepages, new datas, and more (but 1st after RCs of 3.2.0 will be CE diagonal movement)!
Zomis

Re: eh...

Post by Zomis »

asiekierka wrote:You, Holger, can delete the CE data from .level file and move it to .cedata file.

Using that you can add every amont of that...

Steps:
1. Plan it structure and set-up it max size to unlimited...
2. Add to R'N'D copying new levels ce datas from .level file to .cedata file
3. Add new changepages, new datas, and more (but 1st after RCs of 3.2.0 will be CE diagonal movement)!
asiekirerka, you don't know what a CE chunk is, do you?
Please, don't come with suggestions about how to "solve" this or what Holger should do. Probably Holger doesn't really understand your idea either (At least I don't understand it completely). I think Holger knows a way how to solve this already.

Holger: I guess it's time for a CUS5 chunk...:) And probably you should add some extra bytes for future CE-possibilities. (Especially more CE action parameters...)