First pre-release of Rocks'n'Diamonds 4.4.0.0 available!

R'n'D is always evolving. Check here to see if a new version is out.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Timo3681

Re: First pre-release of Rocks'n'Diamonds 4.4.0.0 available!

Post by Timo3681 »

If i click on set random colors, Amoeby color is only green, Sand, Stell, Wall have different colors.

Slime is only blue orblue with purple.

C64 Colors: Sand and Slime have same color and Wall and Amoeba have same colors.
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

This feature is not developed yet, these options will possibly be done in the actual release. There's a possibility these options may go away completely. Not sure...

But if it will, I hope the RGB coloring feature will also get applied to MM/DF laser some time soon though.
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

If i click on set random colors, Amoeby color is only green, Sand, Stell, Wall have different colors.
Slime is only blue orblue with purple.
C64 Colors: Sand and Slime have same color and Wall and Amoeba have same colors.
Yes, that's how the random color selection algorithm works when using the "Set random colors" button, to make sure that you get a reasonable combination of colors (and not all colors being black or something similar, which would make the level unplayable).

If you prefer other colors, just enter them as you like. (Future versions may add a color picker, maybe.)

That is, if you prefer your Amoeba being anything other than "greenish", you have to enter it manually.
This feature is not developed yet, these options will possibly be done in the actual release. There's a possibility these options may go away completely. Not sure...
This feature is complete and finished the way it works now. and will not change for the final release version. (With the exception of a warning being displayed now if no custom colors can be selected.)
But if it will, I hope the RGB coloring feature will also get applied to MM/DF laser some time soon though.
This is on my TODO list... :)
Timo3681

Post by Timo3681 »

I love this feature with color, can you make it for all other Engines? Example Rocks´n`Diamonds, Supaplex etc., not only for Boulder Dash.

Have a suggestion for a new Engine:

https://amiga.abime.net/games/view/rockford#screenshots

^ Can you make Rockford Engine with all 5 subjects?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I love this feature with color, can you make it for all other Engines? Example Rocks´n`Diamonds, Supaplex etc., not only for Boulder Dash.
Currently only the BD engine supports it, but it shouldn't be too hard to add it to all other engines, too. After all, it's more of a graphics set feature and has not that much to do with game engines. However, the level must be able to store level specific colors. For newly created R'n'D levels (using any game engine), this would be easy to add. For all other (already existing) levels (like native EM or SP levels, and already existing R'n'D levels), the problem is that there is no information available for level specific colors. So it would only be possible to use random colors each time a new game is started.

It's definitely an interesting topic. But it should better be discussed in a separate topic in the "New ideas" sub-forum, as this is not a feature for the next major release version.
Have a suggestion for a new Engine:
The new BD engine will be the last native game engine to be added to R'n'D.

For everything else, use custom elements. If there is anything that cannot be done with them, please let me know, and I might add some functionality (if it is generic enough to be useful for other purposes, too).
Timo3681

Post by Timo3681 »

Holger wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:31 pm That is, if you prefer your Amoeba being anything other than "greenish", you have to enter it manually.
Is it possible to make all possible colors for amoeba automatically? Is only greenish a bug?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Is it possible to make all possible colors for amoeba automatically?
Yes, this is possible, by changing the algorithm used for selecting the amoeba color.

But I think I won't change it. I think it is a very good idea to use a certain color scheme for a certain game element, to make it easily recognizable even when using "random" colors.
Is only greenish a bug?
No, it is definitely by intention.