New game engines in R'n'D (Was: First pre-release of Rocks'n'Diamonds 4.4.0.0 available!)

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

amirnatsheh7

New game engines in R'n'D (Was: First pre-release of Rocks'n'Diamonds 4.4.0.0 available!)

Post by amirnatsheh7 »

but what about DC3, heartlight, robbo and DC steam Elements on RND 4.4.0.0?

and igor and supaplex sr to coming soon?
Holger
Site Admin

Re: New game engines in R'n'D

Post by Holger »

I have splitted this post into a new topic, as it is not that helpful in the original thread.

To make this clear: The new BD engine will be the last native game engine to be added to R'n'D.

But: All other games that would fit into R'n'D (like those you have mentioned) may be added as additional game elements for the main R'n'D game engine, or could be added using custom elements (which might require some additional features here and there for custom elements, to be able to implement specific features of those games or game elements).

As an example, I would really like to see a custom element based Heartlight level set for R'n'D, as I really like that game! I have already started with a graphics set for it, and I think that it could almost be created using CEs, which only some very small additions needed to fully rebuild it. :)