Only first player is being drawn once in "Draw Single Items" mode

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Only first player is being drawn once in "Draw Single Items" mode

Post by Eizzoux »

You probably know this little feature when you can draw Player 1 one as single element with "Draw Single Items", so when there already exists one Player 1, he gets replaced by empty space after drawing new one. But that only works with Player 1. I just think this feature should be fairly shared with all 3 other players (Murphy isn't counting since all other Murphys except playable one are getting replaced by Murphy clones). Also I think there could be same feature for Sokoban Field with player but replacing old one with Empty Sokoban field instead. Maybe that feature isn't really neccessary since all Sokoban Fields with players are getting replaced by Empty Sokoban Fields, not sure.
Honeycam 2019-02-17 17-10-23.gif
Honeycam 2019-02-17 17-10-23.gif (258.45 KiB) Viewed 3971 times
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

Holger
Site Admin

Re: Only first player is being drawn once in "Draw Single Items" mode

Post by Holger »

Oh well, this is indeed inconsistent behaviour that should have been fixed a long time ago.

Finally fixed now! Thank you for reminding me of this bug!
jkkk

Post by jkkk »

I have a bad message for you, Holger... It has been fixed only for 'Draw single items' tool. If you choose the other, the bug will appear again (it affects the yellow player as well - both normal and sokoban).

Checked on Android
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

"The bug" in this bug report was the different treatment of the yellow player when using "draw single items" drawing mode when compared to the other three players.

All other modes just do not have this special treatment of making sure that there is only one player element in the level, and they are not intended to have it. So if you use "flood fill" mode, for example, the whole area will be filled with that player element (and I don't know exactly what would be the "right" behaviour in this case when trying to add some similar behaviour like in "draw single items" mode).

So, if you want to make sure there is only one player in the level, choose "single item" mode and draw the player element, and all other occurences of the player element in the level playfield will be removed.
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

Holger wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:31 am
jkkk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:07 am I have a bad message for you, Holger... It has been fixed only for 'Draw single items' tool. If you choose the other, the bug will appear again (it affects the yellow player as well - both normal and sokoban).

Checked on Android
"The bug" in this bug report was the different treatment of the yellow player when using "draw single items" drawing mode when compared to the other three players.

All other modes just do not have this special treatment of making sure that there is only one player element in the level, and they are not intended to have it. So if you use "flood fill" mode, for example, the whole area will be filled with that player element (and I don't know exactly what would be the "right" behaviour in this case when trying to add some similar behaviour like in "draw single items" mode).

So, if you want to make sure there is only one player in the level, choose "single item" mode and draw the player element, and all other occurences of the player element in the level playfield will be removed.
How about making the game just deny drawing the player in any other ways than DSI? (not counting "Draw Connected" due to it's functionality) Like, you can still choose drawing modes like draw rectangles or flood fill, but the game just won't let you draw specifically the four players and SB field with player. I got this idea from editor of Cave Chaos 3, where, as well, it just doesn't let you draw multiple players in any ways (even though it also has kinda annoying feature of not even letting draw single player if there's already one in the level, so you have to remove old player to draw new one)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!