Difficulty with Networked Multiplayer Games

Stuck at a level? Need help with R'n'D or anything R'n'D related? Post here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Daniel H.

Difficulty with Networked Multiplayer Games

Post by Daniel H. »

I am having trouble playing more than one game in networked multiplayer mode without having to restart Rocks'n'Diamonds. The first game seems to go fine, but after the level is finished or cancelled, subsequent games seem to start with only Player 1; Player 2 seems to have disappeared.

(Tested using two R'n'D 3.3.0.1 clients running on the same PC running Windows XP SP3. Team mode is off. In the past I have also seen this problem or a similar one with versions 3.2.6.0 and 3.2.6.1).

Has anyone else seen similar behavior?

*EDIT* I just noticed that something that sounds like this was already reported here.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Yes. I don't remember exactly how the bug I noticed was, but it sounds the same. Don't think it's been fixed yet :( I use an older version of RnD to play multiplayer network games.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

I also use an older version (3.2.4) for multiplayer (and for unsupported CE features), but I would like to be able to use newer features such as player inventory in multiplayer games.

Recently, using the latest version of R'n'D, I tried starting a network game with only one client: Player 2. The first time, Player 1(!) and Player 2 appeared in the level, but only Player 2 was controllable (as expected). The second time starting the level, only Player 1 appeared, and he could not be controlled (because the only client was connected as Player 2).
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.