pre-release 3.2.0-6

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Thanks for the reminder, Darkon -- in fact, I still have this post open in a separate browser tab to not forget about it, but haven't checked it yet, because I wanted to fix the game engine bugs before the graphics engine bugs.

But this is a good opportunity to ask this question: If I understand you right, these two bugs are indeed purely graphical bugs, right? Especially about the second one I'm still not sure, because using a single-tile explosion also modifies the engine behavior, of course. Do you have two little tapes that show each bug? This would help a lot in debugging and fixing these two! :-)
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

A little oddity i noticed here, it only effects the dynamite and dynabomb explosions, if you have a CE that explodes, it doesnt happen, use a normal bomb, same, doesnt happen, use a dynamite and all of a sudden you find that your watching a clone of yourself explode despite making it out of the flames.

Ill sort a tape out shortly
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Sorry for the EXTREME delay on getting a small level and tape ready

http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=336

I set so the custom explosion graphic used a supaplex object so it has a supaplex explosion, so you can clearly see it leave behind the explosion of itself.

*edit* just found another bug relating to element digging element

If an element is set to change when it digs a specified element, but the element itself can dig a group of elements, it changes even when it digs a different element from the group.
Not sure if this is a bug or an engine limitation but still, its preventing me from making something relatively entertaining.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Thanks a lot! I'll check this (hopefully this weekend).