music

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Venatir

music

Post by Venatir »

how do i choose music?
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

I assume you mean "How do I choose which music to play in which level in the levelset I'm creating?"
The answer is musicinfo.conf. Place the music files in the "music" subdirectory of levelset directory and make a musicinfo.conf that contains something like:

Code: Select all

name:                   mus_name_of_the_levelset
sort_priority:          100

background.PLAYING.001: fileToPlayInLevel1.wav
background.PLAYING.002: fileToPlayInLevel2.wav
You can set other background music tracks (e.g. in menu) too, for example look at the musicinfo.conf in "Snake Bite".
Venatir

Post by Venatir »

O.o, i though it was something with the info buttom in level creator then just select music
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way... yet. But it would be a nice feature to have. Holger?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yes, this would indeed be nice.

Consequently, _all_ artwork should then be configurable using a GUI instead of directly editing the configuration files. Unfortunately, there is no such GUI directly available in R'n'D. Until then, ConfEdit is most likely what you're looking for!
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

But it wouldn't hurt too much to make simple one-setting per-level music selection GUI? (Or would it?) Think of that and advanced per-element multi-setting graphics/sound config GUI as different things.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

The main problem is that you would need a real file selector for this idea, which is something that R'n'D doesn't have so far.