Rocks'n'Diamonds 4.1.3.0 iphone

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Zomis, Flumminator

quink

Rocks'n'Diamonds 4.1.3.0 iphone

Post by quink » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Hallo,
on the download page the download is for Win, Linux, Mac, and Android. The download for iphone is the link to the apple store. Nice, but i have no apple id to download in the apple store :shock:

Please update the download page for the iphone download in .ipa format
thankx

Braud

Re: Rocks'n'Diamonds 4.1.3.0 iphone

Post by Braud » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:49 pm

I'd love an alternative way to download for iOS as well. Can we expect something like that anytime soon?

Holger
Site Admin

Re: Rocks'n'Diamonds 4.1.3.0 iphone

Post by Holger » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:18 pm

First of all: The iOS version of R'n'D is not done my myself, but you can thank Les Bird for providing it! He has decided to offer it from the Apple App Store.

Until I read your post, I did not even know that it is possible to install iOS software from other sources than the App Store! (But yes, it makes sense, especially for software that is to be released non-publicly.)

My main problem with the iOS platform is that it is not possible to write software (even free software, with "free" as in "beer") for it without paying lots of bucks to Apple (it was $99 per year the last time I checked it out). That's why I don't support it. Being forced to use a proprietary shop system to give it away was another show stopper for me -- great to know that I was wrong here!

We could ask Les to provide the iOS version of R'n'D as a stand-alone package in the format you mentioned. Does it work as nicely as APK packages work on Android? (That is, download and install it right away?)

Les, are you still reading here? Would that be possible?

Update: You can also contact him from his web site: http://www.lesbird.com/rocksndiamonds.html