Single Multi-Random Level

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Francesco

Single Multi-Random Level

Post by Francesco »

It's sort of flooding, but I can't get rid of it, because I know that the techniques I'm using are all stolen from RnDers' levels, and so I can't avoid posting them and giving to you thanks & credits.

I've made a level which contains nine random levels.
You can get it here:
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=400

This technique can be used on larger maps as well.

Enjoy!
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Very nice example for random levels! I was able to solve all "sub-levels" of the first level and half of the second level before I was blocked, so the random maze algorithm seems to be not too bad. :-)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:Very nice example for random levels! I was able to solve all "sub-levels" of the first level and half of the second level before I was blocked, so the random maze algorithm seems to be not too bad. :-)
I got stuck a lot earlier. I completed 4 sub-levels of the first, and only one on the second.

Besides that, it's nice. I'm thinking about a way to do some kind of solvability check using CEs - it would be useful. But I'll see later about that.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Ehehehe, I knew this! The algorithm is very silly: GE1 with sand and emerald, GE2 with rock and sand, GE3 with the first two GEs, all of them random. Only GE3 is put on the level.

It's my first, so you should excuse me :)

Very nice idea a solvability check - I've got no idea about how to make it, so I can't help...
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco