Holgel, please include BD slime

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

negundo

Holgel, please include BD slime

Post by negundo »

Hello Everybody.
I must have slime to finished one of my "Negundo World 2" levels.
I can't create slime from CE's.
Please include this element in new R'n'D version or send me engine file via e-mail (negundo@o2.pl).
Please include in this element:
- Who fall elements can filtering (default - rocks/boulders, diamonds)
- Filtering count (a speed of slime filtering)

Please guys ?
I must have this element to finish my level :cry:

P.S.: Sory about my English :wink:
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I must have slime to finished one of my "Negundo World 2" levels.
> I can't create slime from CE's.

Yes, I also think that it's nearly impossible to emulate "BD slime" by using CEs...

> Please include this element in new R'n'D version or send me engine file
> via e-mail (negundo@o2.pl).

;-)

This element will probably be added with the upcoming new BD engine. But I'm afraid that I have to disappoint you a bit: Although I first planned to add the BD engine after the new EMC engine, it will now probably added after the SP engine, as there are more people demanding the SP engine than the BD engine... But it's not finally decided yet, as there must first be the new EMC engine before we can think about the next engine. With the current timeframe, I honestly don't think that the next engine (after the EMC engine, that is) will be publicly available before 2006 (or even 2007).

> Please include in this element:
> - Who fall elements can filtering (default - rocks/boulders, diamonds)
> - Filtering count (a speed of slime filtering)

I don't know too much details about the "slime" element -- only played the original BD these days... But as far as I know, the BD engine which will be added to R'n'D contains the "slime" element as implemented in the original versions that had it available.

> Please guys ?
> I must have this element to finish my level

Sorry that I cannot give you better news here, but the "slime" element won't be available in the near future. :-(

BTW: My name is "Holger", not "Holgel"... ;-)
Alan

Post by Alan »

Yes, I also think that it's nearly impossible to emulate "BD slime" by using CEs...
I had a good look at BD construction kit on the C64, and it's not that hard.... never say never!

http://www.ambience.2restinpeace.com/BDSlime.zip

It only passes diamonds and boulders, but that's how it works in BD anyway. Boulders and diamonds will sit and wait until there is a space under the slime, then it passes (with a random delay).

Unlike the quicksand it doesn't work with slime above slime, which made it easier to do. :wink:

I hope this helps, negundo.
negundo

Post by negundo »

Alan wrote:
I had a good look at BD construction kit on the C64, and it's not that hard.... never say never!

http://www.ambience.2restinpeace.com/BDSlime.zip

It only passes diamonds and boulders, but that's how it works in BD anyway. Boulders and diamonds will sit and wait until there is a space under the slime, then it passes (with a random delay).

Unlike the quicksand it doesn't work with slime above slime, which made it easier to do. :wink:

I hope this helps, negundo.
lol...
Very thank You Alan. Now I can finished my level.
If You has been a little free time please create one logic level for my "Negundo World 2" ok?

Best Regards.