[RESOLVED] background of door_1 has a really strange behavior

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

[RESOLVED] background of door_1 has a really strange behavior

Post by Eizzoux »

I found out something... I don't even know how that works... Anyways, have at least one levelset (or graphic set) with an oversized window viewport (something like Cave Chaos 2 in R'n'D or RJ1's 1920x1080 widescreen, whether the old one or fixed one from me) plus the levelset "About titlescreens" from this topic.

Load the oversized screen, maybe play it a bit, but at least let it load, then go to the "About titlescreens" levelset and enter Level Creator. Since it's intentionally blocked off, it eventually has to boot you off back into main menu. But before that, focus on the spot where door_1 is located. For some reason before the door closes, you can see remnants of previous graphic/level set just randomly inside of there.

sdgfdsfds.png
sdgfdsfds.png (363.04 KiB) Viewed 4100 times

Here I also tried that but instead with a certain other non-public levelset with 1600x900 viewport, and... yeah, for some reason there's just mysteriously part of it's menu screen.

ryhrghr.png
ryhrghr.png (334.22 KiB) Viewed 4100 times

kbdgkgubdgsfk.png
kbdgkgubdgsfk.png (343.84 KiB) Viewed 4100 times

𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: background of door_1 has a really strange behavior

Post by Holger »

Thanks for your detailed description -- I was more or less directly able to reproduce this.

Now I have to find out what's going on here...
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

Actually, I think I found the culprit myself. I forgot that I actually moved both doors in editor of 'about_titlescreens' below the actual viewport:

Code: Select all

viewport.door_1.EDITOR.y: 600
viewport.door_2.EDITOR.y: 900
When the game window changes to a smaller window, everything that is offscreen doesn't really update until you load a big screen levelset again, and since door_1 gets moved in such area where previous levelset's bottom initially was, it takes whatever is rendered there. This levelset's window height is same as vanilla, 560 px, so 'door_1' is just 40 px below the window, but the previous levelset's height exceeds such height: RJ1's widescreen is 1080 px in height, window of CC2 in R'n'D is 768 px, and the [MMAD]'s window is 900 px.
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yes, that's indeed what had caused the visual glitch here.

But this should not happen at all, as door_1 should already be in "closed" state when fading in on the main menu screen.

This is fixed now, so that a closed door_1 is fading in now (instead of an open door with graphically broken content, which then closes after fading).

Thanks for pointing this out!