Rocks 'n' Diamonds MP

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Grunt002

Rocks 'n' Diamonds MP

Post by Grunt002 »

Do you think that Rock 'n' Diamonds MP would be another game OR another exe. for the game?
so we can access the game easier and maybe add a little option or so...
and maybe you can see the server list easy like all the diffrent retail games?
You could also make diffrent game modes like team match, deathmatch, co-op, SP race and etc.

Would it be a good idea? :roll:
YOU LIKE MY SIGNATURE DON'T YOU?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Enhanced multiplayer interface will be added later, according to Holger.
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

id rather the netcode got sorted before this :-p
Grunt002

Post by Grunt002 »

> id rather the netcode got sorted before this :-p

Right... i'd never figure it out how :lol:
YOU LIKE MY SIGNATURE DON'T YOU?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

As Zomis already said, it's not the network code that has to be sorted (as it works fine (*) ), but just a graphical interface that has to be added for those who don't like shells.

(*) I know it's slow outside LANs, but that's because of the fixed 50 Hz frame rate. Another historical legacy that can't be changed easily... :-/
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:(*) I know it's slow outside LANs, but that's because of the fixed 50 Hz frame rate. Another historical legacy that can't be changed easily... :-/
So what about that only-allow-user-input-each-x-frames thing or whatever it was? I think we've talked about enhancing speed in user plays before, I just can't remember what was said.

Think about a game like Starcraft, there's thousands of things happening at once there, and the game still works pretty fast in network play...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> So what about that only-allow-user-input-each-x-frames thing or whatever it was? I think
> we've talked about enhancing speed in user plays before, I just can't remember what was said.

Ah, yes, I nearly forgot about that possible solution that we already discussed. (Maybe it was discussed in the old forum?)

That's indeed worth trying when I work on the network games interface...

> Think about a game like Starcraft, there's thousands of things happening at once there, and
> the game still works pretty fast in network play...

Yup... Either they're simply better programmers at this point, or the network command timing is a bit "fuzzy", which is probably no big problem in such a game, but deadly in a game like R'n'D.