[4.3.5.3/3.2.3] Whoops...

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

[4.3.5.3/3.2.3] Whoops...

Post by Eizzoux »

Well, new update - and, sadly, new problems... Well, more of oversights, I guess.
Anyways, the element info screen...

adhasdkaunjsfsa.png
adhasdkaunjsfsa.png (142.73 KiB) Viewed 4888 times

Yup...

Also, good job with fixing oversized MM levels! Well, their rendering, anyways... Already good first steps! But sadly it's still barely usable for now. Check the bottom right corner on screenshot, by the way.

ysgdibdssbhfkbhdskif.png
ysgdibdssbhfkbhdskif.png (150.23 KiB) Viewed 4888 times
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: [4.3.5.3/3.2.3] Whoops...

Post by Holger »

Oops! :shock:

Fixed -- hotfix release available now! :)
Also, good job with fixing oversized MM levels! Well, their rendering, anyways... Already good first steps! But sadly it's still barely usable for now. Check the bottom right corner on screenshot, by the way.
Tile cursor bug also fixed with the hotfix release now.

What do you mean by "their rendering"? Any more obvious (or not-so-obvious) graphical bugs I have overseen?

Besides that, yes, the whole "oversized MM levels" thing is not that useful now. All changes are more or less targeted to (mostly graphical) problems when using alternative graphics sets, especially if they have a playfield viewport that is smaller in X and/or Y direction (which broke levels even in those cases where the invisible parts of the playfield do not need to be clicked, because the laser beam was only rendered inside the visual area, which should work better now).

Theoretically, this could be developed further to be able to scroll a level that is larger than the visible playfield. This could be achieved by using the cursor keys for example, so the level could scroll when the tile cursor reaches the visible playfield border -- or by scrolling the playfield independently from the tile cursor, by using something like <modifier key> + <cursor key>. But then, I do no think that playing MM style levels that need scrolling is the best idea anyway... ;-)
Eizzoux

Re: [4.3.5.3/3.2.3] Whoops...

Post by Eizzoux »

Holger wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:54 pm What do you mean by "their rendering"? Any more obvious (or not-so-obvious) graphical bugs I have overseen?
I just meant that previously oversized levels would usually try render by their entirety, surpassing even the window boundaries.
Holger wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:54 pm Theoretically, this could be developed further to be able to scroll a level that is larger than the visible playfield. This could be achieved by using the cursor keys for example, so the level could scroll when the tile cursor reaches the visible playfield border -- or by scrolling the playfield independently from the tile cursor, by using something like <modifier key> + <cursor key>. But then, I do no think that playing MM style levels that need scrolling is the best idea anyway... ;-)
I think it could be instead controlled by hovering the pointer on the playfield sides, for example. Like, the pointer almost approaches right edge of playfield, and the playfield starts to scroll at basic element speed. Sorta like when playing some of the isometric strategic games.
Or maybe player would be able to drag the playfield with the middle click, for example.
For the tile cursor, it could be instead would be in focus like the player - moving it far away from the center would shift the playfield with the cursor.
Although yeah, it's pretty problematic to make it consistent to control. And not even talking about tapes because the way it could replay the oversized levels would be quite... Confusing, I guess, unless you make the game redirect the playfield whenever an element is clicked... I don't even know.
𒈟