My 2006 levelset download link!

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Gavin

My 2006 levelset download link!

Post by Gavin »

http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=617

All levels are solvable in most recent version of R&D 3.2.2

Let me know what you think and if you can think of any small improvements before I submit them.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Nice levels! Well done, some of them are quite tricky - for example, I completely skipped the Fireflies Nest, but I have really enjoyed the level with the Satellites.

Unfortunately I have tried only the first 8 levels, but I'll check out more later.

By the way, on level 8, the exit can be easily reached by picking up the blue key beneath that 4-rocks trap - you have used the BD-style rock, which can be snap pushed, so that's not a real trap.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

By the way, on level 8, the exit can be easily reached by picking up the blue key beneath that 4-rocks trap - you have used the BD-style rock, which can be snap pushed, so that's not a real trap.
Well spotted. Wasn't aware of that.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Maybe you would check out the rock-traps you have designed in the other levels. Using the BD-rock they result quite easier than if they were made by EM-rocks.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

Just played the first 20 levels ... they're really good! Tricky puzzles mixed with some fun levels. 8)
Maybe you could decrease the size of levels like 3, 7, 13 to the size that is really needed.
And like Francesco said, replace the rocks with EM-style rocks. So far I could solve every level without snap-pushing.

Some additional comments:

In level 2 you can destroy the outer wall with the first firefly and move into the open exit in the lower right corner ...

Level 4 was funny. :lol:

Level 7 tricky ... I hate those stupid satellites ... ^^

In level 11 no emeralds are needed although there are many ...

Level 18: Nice one, panic at the frontline. :twisted:

Level 19: great idea to use the conveyor belt as a gate for the fireflies! :)

Level 20: I just decided to complain that this level is too easy when the clock started to tick and I died 10 seconds later. :wink:
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Glad you're having fun with them :D

level 2 I put the extra exit in intentionally.

Level 11 was the 1st level I made with a boulderdash level-editor (before I found R&D)

nb levels 1-56 are in the contributions 2003 pack, if you've played this set before have a look at the new ones (57+)
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

I finally solved all levels! 8)
But damn, some of them are really difficult. Often I thought they were impossible to solve ... but in the end I discovered the trick. :idea:
I wonder how you got so many ideas for so many different levels and great puzzles! Nice contribution, Thank you!!! :)

Level 23 is rather similar to level 17.

Level 57: is it intended that half of the level is not accessible?

Level 63: It's some kind of duel level, isn't it? :?

Level 28, 30, 61: Hard but very good puzzles! 8)

PS:
- Didn't know that it's possible to walk over acid with gravity on. :roll:
- Seems you don't like pigs ... :wink:
- Nice custom graphics ...
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

You solved them all? Congratulations! :D

23 is meant to be a harder version of 17.

Level 57 the long way IS possible but I think I made it far too difficult, took me ages to do it myself. It was intended to be a secret alternative exit

Level 63 you can have a bomberman style 2-player duel yep

I do like pigs, 'specially with gravy. Thanks to Dr S for the custom artwork :)
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

Level 57 the long way IS possible but I think I made it far too difficult, took me ages to do it myself. It was intended to be a secret alternative exit
Ooops, I didn't recognize that the wind switches are destructable. :oops: Now I reached that exit, too!
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

You are too good at this! :)
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Jannik wrote:Didn't know that it's possible to walk over acid with gravity on. :roll:
By default, it isn't possible, but this can be changed in Player Element Settings. (Checkbox "Can fall into acid (with gravity)")
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Jannik would you mind zipping your tapes for the set and sending me them? I will find it interesting to see how you solved some of them, and if it's different from how I solved them.
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

By default, it isn't possible, but this can be changed in Player Element Settings. (Checkbox "Can fall into acid (with gravity)")
Ah, there! I had a look into the acid config but not into the player config. Thank you! :idea:
Jannik would you mind zipping your tapes for the set and sending me them?
No problem, here they are: GavinDtapes.zip
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

You found an interesting way to solve level 47 (the ancient garden). The intended solution was to blow up a wall with dynamite just before you got to the butterfly and go to the bottom-right of the level where you will find another exit.

It looked like you 'beat the system' the way you doged that butterfly.

The first exit was intended to be a trick as the only way to get to it involves killing your penguin, supposedly.