Strange animation problem thet didn't happen earlier...

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Strange animation problem thet didn't happen earlier...

Post by Eizzoux » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:59 am

I've got very strange problem. I made few CEs use of animated sprite (frames:4,delay:8). And WITH 'global_sync: true'.
Then I made them change CE score every 25 frames but they just use only one first tile. And they becomes animated only when I disable function of changing CE score.
It works not with all these elements but earlier it worked fine. What's the matter? :(
Nothing in here...*

Holger
Site Admin

Re: Strange animation problem thet didn't happen earlier...

Post by Holger » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:44 am

I'm not sure if I understand you right -- do you animate your CE using "global_sync: true" or using "anim_mode: ce_score"? Or are you trying to use both of them? Because, these two artwork configuration options cannot be combined (or at least it would not make sense). "global_sync" only makes sense with anim_mode's like "loop" etc., while "ce_score" directly specifies the animation frame to use.

If in doubt, it would help to have a minimal, fully working test level set that only contains the relevant configuration to show what went wrong. Also it would help much to know the last version with which it worked fine, and the first version with which it does not work anymore.

Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:37 am

Holger wrote:-- do you animate your CE using "global_sync: true" or using "anim_mode: ce_score"?
Only "global_sync: true" & "anim_mode: loop", CE_score is not needed for this.

I'm using global_sync: true and anim_mode: loop for few elements. And also these elements changes their CE_score every time. It shouldn't affect the anims. And it wasn't doing that for a while. But then I'd spotted that the animations just stopped working. Aimation begins working again only when I disable "change CE score". I just can't understand how the heck this happens.
Element uses only 4 frames and switches them every 8 frs. So, after 0,16 seconds the first frame must be replaced by next one. CE_score changes every 25 frs. (half of second) count of which is much more than 8 frs. (0,16 seconds)
The game might at least switch the frames two times and then move to first again but the animation is just... frozen... Even if I use these two commands...
Nothing in here...*

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:06 pm

You're right, changing the CE score value should not affect animations if they don't use "anim_mode: ce_score".

It would help to have a minimal, fully working test level set that only contains the relevant configuration to show what goes wrong. Also it would also help to know the last version with which it worked fine, and the first version with which it does not work anymore. Or do you mean that it stopped working after you did some changes to the configuration (in the level editor or in the file "graphicsinfo.conf")? In this case you should try to compare the current version of your set with the last one that worked as it should.

Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:45 am

Holger wrote:Or do you mean that it stopped working after you did some changes to the configuration (in the level editor or in the file "graphicsinfo.conf")? In this case you should try to compare the current version of your set with the last one that worked as it should.
Affirmative! It appeared only after changing something in graphicsinfo.conf, but I really don't know after what change this happened. And it fixes only when I (you know) turn off Changing CE_score. This is such a weird bug or something. I'll try to change something in graphicsinfo.conf, maybe something will happen
Nothing in here...*