[R'n'D 4.3.5.1] Balloons can't move by wind in Emerald Mine engine

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

RAP

[R'n'D 4.3.5.1] Balloons can't move by wind in Emerald Mine engine

Post by RAP »

Self-explanatory, I don't know why this bug just appeared, I've been playing on Rocks'n'Diamonds version 4.1.0.0 for a while now, and more recently version 4.2.3.1, until upgrading to the latest version being 4.3.5.1, because version 4.2.3.1 also had this bug.

Uh, any idea what happened? Are balloons not supposed to have wind direction in the Emerald Mine engine?

I've been playtesting a levelset I've made last year and procrastinated until earlier this year with the rest of the elvels, and would want to release it later this week or next week once once I finished all the levels.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: [R'n'D 4.3.5.1] Balloons can't move by wind in Emerald Mine engine

Post by Holger »

Just checked this, and you are indeed right. However, this bug only happens for R'n'D levels (created and saved with the R'n'D level editor) that use the Emerald Mine game engine. It does in fact not happen for native Emerald Mine levels (like those many level sets of the "Emerald Mine Club" collection). For example, changing wind direction can be seen functional in level 012 of level set "E.M.C. Mine 5".

This bug was indeed added with version 4.2.0.0, which introduced the new, improved native Emerald Mine engine.

I have just fixed this bug now.
RAP

Post by RAP »

Oh hey, the bug did indeed got fixed, thanks Holger.

And yeah, here's the Emerald Mine levelset that I made that I was talking about, called Random Placement Mine. The bug that I encountered was on level 78 where previously the wind switches couldn't work because I made the level in Rocks'n'Diamonds, as you said Holger.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Oh hey, the bug did indeed got fixed, thanks Holger.
It's not yet fixed in the latest official release, but only in my local working version, but a new release version will be available quite soon, I think.
And yeah, here's the Emerald Mine levelset that I made that I was talking about, called Random Placement Mine. The bug that I encountered was on level 78 where previously the wind switches couldn't work because I made the level in Rocks'n'Diamonds, as you said Holger.
With the new release, that level should work fine again! :)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

All fixed now with the latest version. :)