allow pressing F2 from the "game over! play it again?" message

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

allow pressing F2 from the "game over! play it again?" message

Post by ncrecc »

usually when i die i rush to press F2 before that message comes up so i can get back to my "checkpoint" tape faster. would be nice if i could press F2 while that message was displaying to load a tape instead of restarting from the beginning or exiting to the menu. i guess this would require overriding the normal logic for when the yes/no buttons show up
Eizzoux

Re: allow pressing F2 from the "game over! play it again?" message

Post by Eizzoux »

You can just disable requests on game over to avoid such inconvenience, but at the same time, I agree that would be better. And also, I think there should be a restart level shortcut overall.
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: allow pressing F2 from the "game over! play it again?" message

Post by Holger »

would be nice if i could press F2 while that message was displaying to load a tape instead of restarting from the beginning or exiting to the menu. i guess this would require overriding the normal logic for when the yes/no buttons show up
As Eizzoux suggested, just disable "Ask on Game Over" in the setup menu (in "Game & Menu") so you can press F2.
And also, I think there should be a restart level shortcut overall.
It's already there, and configurable in "Setup -> Key Shortcuts" -> "Various Keys" -> "Restart Game: F3". :-)

There's also "Replay & Pause Before End: F4", which can also be useful sometimes...