Some font variations might be missing

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Some font variations might be missing

Post by Eizzoux »

It feels kind of strange when 'font.text_X.EDITOR', despite technically existing, isn't really recognized by the game, because it isn't really coded in, since it uses default 'font.text_X':

Code: Select all

[WARN] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
[WARN] unknown token(s) found in config file:
[WARN] - config file: 'D:\. . .\graphics\graphicsinfo.conf'
[WARN] - dynamic token: 'font.text_1.EDITOR.clone_from'
[WARN] - dynamic token: 'font.text_2.EDITOR.clone_from'
[WARN] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
But yet, I registered tokens such as 'font.text_2.PANEL', 'font.text_3.PANEL' and 'font.text_4.PANEL' and they get recognized by the game just fine despite it not really being there. (well, at least they're not registered in 'conf_gfx.c', along with font.text_4.PREVIEW and '.DOOR' ones) I went slightly off the topic, but I just feel like 'font.text_X.EDITOR' variations could be a thing as well.
(but really, what is font.text_1.DOOR? What is it's purpose? I still don't really understand)
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Some font variations might be missing

Post by Holger »

Yes, I've also noticed this error message when playing the latest demo of your game.

Sorry, there is currently a technical limitation for the ".clone_from" option (to be precise: all options) used here that forbid using graphics options on undefined graphics. The solution is very simple indeed -- just use the following instead (which is in fact also used for all cloned graphics in the file "src/conf_gfx.c" you mentioned above):

Code: Select all

font.text_1.EDITOR:            [NONE]
font.text_1.EDITOR.clone_from: font.text_2
That means: "There does exist a special font for the editor, but its image file does not exist; however, it can be cloned from another, already defined font."

One day I may improve this so that a single "xyz.clone_from" directive automatically also defines "xyz". :-/
Eizzoux

Re: Some font variations might be missing

Post by Eizzoux »

Perhaps it might not be that necessary? I mean, you can just apply all remaining variations of each font that can appear in several screens manually and that might work out as well anyways?
𒈟