About Shift-clicking

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

About Shift-clicking

Post by Eizzoux »

I forgot that I didn't actually report that, but for some reason on Windows you frequently double-click in editor, which is especially noticeable when shift-clicking on rotatable objects like directional elements (the .left/.right/.up/.down ones) and mirrors. Just try placing and rotating mirrors and rotate them around, and occasionally the game just double-clicks for you, both for left and right clicking. Like, it's really occasional and unpredictable, but it happens for me.
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: About Shift-clicking

Post by Holger »

Indeed. After some playing around with this, I am able to reproduce this, as follows:

- select "MM style gnome with rotatable mirror" element
- place two of these elements on the playfield
- press "Shift" and keep it held down, all the time
- click on the first mirror, keeping mouse button pressed
- move the mouse a little bit while pressed, staying on the first mirror
- click on the second mirror, keeping mouse button pressed again
- again, move the mouse a little bit while pressed, staying on the second mirror
- alternatingly repeat rotating first and second mirror that way

I have to investigate with a few printf()'s in the code what's going wrong here.
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

I can also add-up another issue related to shortcuts: if you use Ctrl+click to pick elements with custom clickable global anim (custom pointer, for example), the game will start rapidly spamming the global anim clicking as if it is being pressed over and over, probably because the game specifically spams the button for element picking. It's especially prominent if you'll keep your cursor stationary.
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I forgot that I didn't actually report that, but for some reason on Windows you frequently double-click in editor, which is especially noticeable when shift-clicking on rotatable objects like directional elements (the .left/.right/.up/.down ones) and mirrors. Just try placing and rotating mirrors and rotate them around, and occasionally the game just double-clicks for you, both for left and right clicking. Like, it's really occasional and unpredictable, but it happens for me.
Fixed!

Plus, I have also fixed rotating right with Shift key pressed and pressing the right mouse button while having a MM style wall selected as the drawing element for the right mouse button (which is in fact the editor's default for levels using the MM game engine), which results in wall tiles being drawn instead of the existing element being rotated. This works as it should now.
I can also add-up another issue related to shortcuts: if you use Ctrl+click to pick elements with custom clickable global anim (custom pointer, for example), the game will start rapidly spamming the global anim clicking as if it is being pressed over and over, probably because the game specifically spams the button for element picking. It's especially prominent if you'll keep your cursor stationary.
Still have to check this one...