in MM, fuel orbs set the fuel to a certain (rather low) amount instead of adding fuel to your current amount

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

in MM, fuel orbs set the fuel to a certain (rather low) amount instead of adding fuel to your current amount

Post by ncrecc »

is this intentional?
Holger
Site Admin

Re: in MM, fuel orbs set the fuel to a certain (rather low) amount instead of adding fuel to your current amount

Post by Holger »

No, it is a bug that I have already fixed (so it will be gone in the next release).

It used a hardcoded "maximum" time value, but I have increased the standard level time a long time ago to make the level set less challenging (or frustrating) than the original Amiga game (so it's more about thinking and puzzle solving now and less fast and time-critical action). But the "fuel orb" element still set that value to the old time, which could lead to less time than you had before. ;-)

As a side note, I think It's interesting how video games have changed in the last 40 years: Back then, most games were so hard that it could be really frustrating (especially if you had to restart with level 1 if you were killed in, say, level 14), but we kept playing them until we mastered them (well, sometimes). Today, a lot of people prefer easy games that you can play without much thinking and without that great motoric skills or well-trained reflexes. Heck, many people even prefer watching videos of other people playing the games instead of playing by themselves, while we waited impatiently until it was finally our turn to play again! :shock: Times have changed! :D
ncrecc

Re: in MM, fuel orbs set the fuel to a certain (rather low) amount instead of adding fuel to your current amount

Post by ncrecc »

maybe it would be interesting to add an option that sets the timer value to its old, much shorter maximum (and converts your final score so it's the same as if you had played with the normal timer). i have noticed that in a lot of levels i finish with still 90-80% of the timer remaining