in mindbender 28, laser can be unable to melt ice tiles due to glitchy safety device

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

in mindbender 28, laser can be unable to melt ice tiles due to glitchy safety device

Post by ncrecc »

see https://youtu.be/y7VXfb-q6zc , or play back this tape:
028.tape
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
at 0:56 of the tape (or 1:01 of the youtube video) a fuse that the laser passes by gets activated when the laser passes by a prism and melts an ice tile. the laser remains on, but unable to melt any ice tiles until the fuse is deactivated

it seems this bug has some specific circumstances; i was not able to trigger it in either of these variations i made with the editor (the starting placement of ice tiles around the prism was unmodified)
Holger
Site Admin

Re: in mindbender 28, laser can be unable to melt ice tiles due to glitchy safety device

Post by Holger »

Thanks for the detailed bug report, and the tape!

In fact, this is another bug that I already fixed -- the reason here is simply that there were (quite a number) of occasions where the laser beam should have been deactivated (due to the fuse), but wasn't. It lead to the strange situation of the laser apparently being active, but in fact isn't (and therefore cannot melt ice etc.).

I think I should quickly release all those latest bugfixes with a new version 3.1.1 (and a corresponding new R'n'D version). :)