Just some more overall customizations for Mirror Magic objects

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Just some more overall customizations for Mirror Magic objects

Post by Eizzoux »

As the name suggests, there could be just a bit more tiny quirks for Mirror Magic to be added.
Few examples:
  • Rather if char elements behave like a basic center block (what it usually does in the game) or a full block of wooden walls,
  • Amount of energy fuel orb can give you with or without surpassing the initial amount of energy,
  • If MM steel grids reflect or consume the beam (usually it consumes or, well, reflects back and overloads the emitter if hit),
  • Use oldschool disintegration animation of the magic ball or use a special .exploding or .shrinking-like animation,
  • Rotation direction for all auto-rotating objects,
  • If you rather rotate MM rotatable one-way polarizers through all 16 angles or only through the useful uneven numbered ones.

Also one more strange suggestion: a possible support of custom empty spaces in MM engine? Just so you could do some background stuff.
𒈟
Eizzoux

[2] Just some more overall customizations for Mirror Magic objects

Post by Eizzoux »

I could also add something which is still sorta lacking in current versions still, although not in-game customizations, but instead some attributes for custom levelset sounds.
  • Hitting sounds for some elements which still don't really have it. For example, for char elements, whether it's a full group '[char].hitting' or separate elements (char_a.hitting, char_aumlaut.hitting, etc.). When you hit them with the beam, they make no sound, which can hopefully be customizable in the future.
  • Also, as another example, hitting for fibre optic. Yeah, you're not really "hitting" it, per say, more so I think there could be sounds for it's usage, whether through '.hitting' or some other suffix like... '.passing', maybe?
  • And speaking of, I feel like slopes rather have no hitting sound or it might be using hitting sound of some other element. And I'm pretty sure you can't customize it's hitting it's sound either.
  • Strangely, you can't really apply explosion sounds for separate elements, it just all defaults to '[mm_default].exploding'. Whether it's things like laser cannon, McDuffin, cell, cauldron, bomb, gray ball, pacman, or bonus ball.
  • Clicking sounds for elements which aren't hit by the beam just yet. You can interact with some elements like McDuffin, fuse, rotatable mirrors or bonus balls by just clicking on them when the beam isn't hitting them, which means they can be clicked, but you can apply no sound for that.
𒈟
Eizzoux

[3] Just some more overall customizations for Mirror Magic objects

Post by Eizzoux »

Few more ideas I thought of recently:
  • Property checkboxes for disabling starting random rotations for DF and MM mirrors, polarizers, crossway polarizers, MM teleporters;
  • Property checkboxes for separating even or uneven polarizers (so rotating mm_polarizer_1 would only cycle it through '1,3,5,...,15' and rotating mm_polarizer_2 would only cycle it through 2,4,6,...,16 separately);
  • Property for changing values for ice and amoeba wall melting and growing delay;
  • Property checkbox for disabling clickability of light ball (bonus orb).
Another strange additional suggestion: possibly steel wall chars for MM engine?
𒈟