Some working tapes not getting approved?

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

BryanFRitt

Some working tapes not getting approved?

Post by BryanFRitt »

I have some working tapes that aren't getting added to high score server.
I can exit and restart R'n'D, then playback these levels and it makes it to the exit and finish the levels.
I remember back when retrying some level(s?) in this set that they made it to the exit, but on playback went almost to the exit. Then I did some extra move(s) from the playback until the playback would also show up as successfully completing the level.
Even tried a command to upload the tapes.

Code: Select all

rocksndiamonds --mytapes -e "autoupload BD_Dream 023 056"
Still didn't show up on high score server.
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
BryanFRitt

Re: Some working tapes not getting approved?

Post by BryanFRitt »

Here's another one that finishes when I play it back(even after exiting, and restarting R'n'D), but doesn't seem to be getting accepted as a completed level on the high score server.

rocksndiamonds --mytapes -e "autoupload emc_bug_mine_4 076"

===============================================================================
Automatically uploading level tapes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level series identifier: 'emc_bug_mine_4'
Level series name:       'Bug Mine 4'
Level series author:     'Noshtromo 2000'
Number of levels:        103

Tape 076:
- uploading score tape to score server - uploaded.

Number of levels played: 0
Number of levels solved: 0 (0%)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary (for automatic parsing by scripts):
LEVELDIR [WARN] 'emc_bug_mine_4', SOLVED 0/0 (0%)

SUMMARY: 1 tapes uploaded.
I notice in this it says:

LEVELDIR [WARN] 'emc_bug_mine_4', SOLVED 0/0 (0%)
What does this mean?
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
BryanFRitt

Post by BryanFRitt »

Came across another tape that wins the level, but isn't showing up on R'n'D high score server.
Earth_Shaker_Explosions 030
UPDATE: I refinished this level from start, this time without using any QUICK SAVES. This new completion is now saved on the game server with a high score.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I was able to identify and check the solution tapes you mentioned above (that you uploaded, but that do not show up on the high score server). The reason why they do not show up is because they were marked as "rejected" (which does not happen very often; usually tapes with "quick-load/save" problems result in "unsolvable"). In this case, the tapes indeed solved the corresponding level with success, but with a slightly different number of game engine frames (usually off-by-one) than the number that was transmitted when uploading that tape (using the recorded number of game engine frames after the game).

This is typically caused by the notorious "snapshot bug" or "quick load/save" bug, which does not occur always, but only every now and then, and I already spent countless hours in debugging this problem, but so far I was unable to find the bug that causes this problem. :-(