DF/MM walls in editor palette

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

DF/MM walls in editor palette

Post by Eizzoux »

I just opened Deflektor editor to test out something, and I opened used elements list in palette.
nnaocasd.png
nnaocasd.png (132.86 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
I found several unknown elements named rather as "Wooden wall (DF style)" or "Steel wall (DF style)". Once I pick them, I just get respective normal DF walls. After few seconds it hit me that since walls are mini-elements, which take 1/4 space of one tile, these unknown elements just represent different combinations of these sub-tiles (15 for each wall, to be exact), which means if I put all combinations for each sub-tile, which there is 6 of them in total (wooden wall, steel wall, wooden wall DF, steel wall DF, amoeba wall and ice wall), we can just flood the used elements list with 90 question mark elements, if not counting the actual Letter '?' and Unknown element.
ewmfniwegd.png
ewmfniwegd.png (234.82 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
Does that mean that each wall combination is it's own separate entity and we can even somehow apply different graphics for each shape? That could actually be pretty fun to mess around with.
𒈟
ncrecc

Re: DF/MM walls in editor palette

Post by ncrecc »

I don't think this is a bug, if the 8x8 tile "elements" are just an easier interface for placing the wall combination elements than having to manually scroll through a bunch of different elements to find the specific combination you want. The wall combinations could probably be given icons in the "used elements" section, though.