R'n'D jue BDEM 1.0.0: Trying to reconfigure player controls through controller gives black screen

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

RAP

R'n'D jue BDEM 1.0.0: Trying to reconfigure player controls through controller gives black screen

Post by RAP »

Self-explanatory, thought I somehow broked the game, but tried out with version 4.1.0.0, and when doing that, there was the Xbox 360 controller to guide through (which admittedly is a bit finnicky but probably for another topic). When doing it to R'n'D jue, there was just a black screen, no prompt to tell me what button I can associate the action with. It's possible that there was just no provided graphic for it.

I'm assuming this occurs the same with the other editions of the latest release of R'n'D jue.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: R'n'D jue BDEM 1.0.0: Trying to reconfigure player controls through controller gives black screen

Post by Holger »

It's possible that there was just no provided graphic for it.
Exactly, that's the reason! :shock:

The classic default R'n'D graphics have been removed, and those used by the new game were replaced with new ones, but some were overseen.
I'm assuming this occurs the same with the other editions of the latest release of R'n'D jue.
Yes, this is true, unfortunately.

I should create a patch release with re-added game controller graphics at least to those games that make sense to be played with a game controller.

(What's also missing is the final text saying either "joystick configured" or "joystick not available", as it uses the same font as the title font, which was removed here.)