Reconfiguring player keyboard controls takes far longer than normal because of plugged in PlayStation 4 controller

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

RAP

Reconfiguring player keyboard controls takes far longer than normal because of plugged in PlayStation 4 controller

Post by RAP »

Well, this is a bit embarrasing, I legit thought R'n'D jue BDEM 1.0.0 was broken after installing it, but it also occurs with version 4.1.0.0, and 4.2.3.1 64-bit, the two other versions I keep around for different purposes.

Basically while I was trying to reconfigure my controls for player 1 for R'n'D jue BDEM 1.0.0, I notice my keyboard control responses seem to be delayed, with each response after that taking longer and longer. It was during the time in said delay that I couldn't press the Escape key, or even click the close button to close the program, I had to either wait until it recognizes it or I had to close it through the Task Manager.

It turns out just having the PlayStation 4 controller plugged in does funky things while trying to reconfigure the controls.

I'm not sure if this applies to any plugged in controller, as I only have a PS4 controller used as an alternative controller for other video games.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Reconfiguring player keyboard controls takes far longer than normal because of plugged in PlayStation 4 controller

Post by Holger »

I was able to reproduce the problem with an Xbox game controller, and this is indeed a horrible bug in the game! :o

Broken event handling when configuring a game controller causes huge delays from those parts of the game controller that may produce a lot of single events, like the analog sticks.

I was able to find and fix that bug, and it should be gone with the next version.

Thanks for reporting this bug (which I think was already reported some time ago, but I had no clue about it back then).
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Reconfiguring player keyboard controls takes far longer than normal because of plugged in PlayStation 4 controller

Post by Holger »

Thanks, Jamie -- yes, that was the bug report I was looking for! :)