Custom inventory count digits seems to be not working anymore... perhaps?

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Custom inventory count digits seems to be not working anymore... perhaps?

Post by Eizzoux »

When I replayed one of my levelsets, I noticed how bombs were displayed as "000" instead of how I initially made it display as "0" (with dynamic digit amount, which is -1). After checking the game's confs, I noticed it now has -1 digits for inventory_count as well. Is that another case of digit behavior changes for the sake of narrow font which was also done for timer before?

Here I have two screenshots, first of my old video with normal 0 and most recent (at the time I took that screenshot, but I checked, 4.3.2.0 has that as well) with "000" because that's the default digit amount.
gwrwegrwg.png
gwrwegrwg.png (207.62 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
x
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Custom inventory count digits seems to be not working anymore... perhaps?

Post by Holger »

Hm, I have no idea how you managed to get a one-digit counter for "game.panel.inventory_count"? The default value for "game.panel.inventory_count.digits" is "-1", which means "automatically calculate number of digits according to the value, which means that you get at least three digits (like "000"), but get four digits (with the narrow font) for counter values of 1000 and above.

Could you send (or name, as I should already have it, but I can't tell right now from the screen shot) the level set where you encountered that behavior, and the version of R'n'D where you got a one-digit counter in the game panel?
Eizzoux

Old digit amount for inventory counter

Post by Eizzoux »

I don't remember exactly, since that was years ago already, but I probably did that around first 4.0.X.X or late 3.X.X.X versions, not sure, but at that time the default digit amount was 3. The levelset is Cave Chaos 2 in R'n'D demo, but you might already have it anyways. Here's a video I recorded at that time if you're curious: [link]
𒈟