Player's "use explosion from element" property doesn't work as expected if element is Yam Yam

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ncrecc

Player's "use explosion from element" property doesn't work as expected if element is Yam Yam

Post by ncrecc »

Currently, when the player dies while this is set, their explosion will not yield anything.
Ideally, when the player dies while this is set, it should pop from the Yam Yam content area pool as though a Yam Yam died.
Eizzoux

Re: Player's "use explosion from element" property doesn't work as expected if element is Yam Yam

Post by Eizzoux »

I think there was a similar topic I brought up before, except about player not fully copying explosions of penguins (penguins are exploding 1x1, but player still takes it as 3x3).
I think the logic of such misconception is that yam's default explosion is just empty space, which player reads instead of taking yam's 8 customizable explosion patterns
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Player's "use explosion from element" property doesn't work as expected if element is Yam Yam

Post by Holger »

If I remember correctly, only the explosion graphic is taken from the element configured there, not the resulting elements shown after the explosion. So if you redefine explosion graphics for whatever game element, you can also use them for the player here.

But I still have to check this in the code, as I'm not really sure how it was intended to work exactly. Until then, it probably should better read "use explosion graphics ..." instead of "use explosion properties ..." in the status line text.