[4.3.1.1] Player is frozen if he spawns out of explosions/CEs

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

[4.3.1.1] Player is frozen if he spawns out of explosions/CEs

Post by Eizzoux »

In older versions you could make so player gets spawned by CEs and still move him around just fine. In recent version, player now requires to be put into the level primarily, or else, as the player gets spawned out of CE or, let's say, yam-yam explosion, he spawns in, but he's completely incapable of walking, you can't control him in any way (unless you make him move with CEs with Move player action). Don't know if that's intentional of not, but that can break some of the levelsets that requires you to wait some time till player gets spawned.
I first found that out after checking CC2 in R'n'D, since I made it so first it's just an inside-walkable player graphic which player gets spawned in afterwards, and as soon as you attempt to move, it gets removed. But, of course, in recent version player doesn't even respond to my commands at all and just stays at one spot.
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: [4.3.1.1] Player is frozen if he spawns out of explosions/CEs

Post by Holger »

Hi Eizzoux, as far as I can tell, I haven't changed this bevavior (or at least not intentionally). So it must be some sort of bug.

Do you know which is the last version this behavior still works as expected?

I'll have a look by myself, too, and let you know what I found out...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Just played level 001 from "Cave Chaos 2 broken demo" with R'n'D 4.3.1.1, and everything seems to work as expected.

Does the problem you encountered only show up with a certain level? Or is there anything else I have to do to reproduce the problem?
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

Actually, I just figured out why was it broken for me. I had player 2 as preferred player while also having team mode off, once I switched it to player 1, I am able to move player again as intended. Turning on the team mode while still having preferring player 2 works as well. Dunno if that's specifically intended, but only specifically preferred player 2-4 with team mode off takes away. I assume because as the level has no player, you just have your preferred player as your main controllable target, and then as player 1 spawns in, he has no one to control him.
𒈟
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

And speaking of CC2 in R'n'D, I also see that inventory count digits doesn't seem to be working now. Or, perhaps, it has some requirements to work? In short, I need it to work with -1 digits, like if it has amount of digits based on the number itself, rather than having one fixed digit count. From what I can see in conf_gfx, it's the same there, -1 digits but in vanilla it's always three digits... unless it overloads up to number 1000 to change to 4 digit narrow counter. But can I somehow avoid that and just have -1 digit counter for counters like inventory and time?
𒈟