"Dynamite" indicator only has three digits even when holding more.

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Algebroot

"Dynamite" indicator only has three digits even when holding more.

Post by Algebroot »

It may not be immediately obvious, but I have played a levelset that had a level where one gets a specific inventory item once per frame to emulate infinite use. The "Dynamite" indicator (which is used for inventory items in general) is visible onscreen, showing the number rapidly increasing. However, I noticed that the indicator repeats multiple times. Upon looking more closely, the inventory seems to actually reach a cap of 4000... Except the indicator never gains a fourth digit, which causes it to look weird as a result. The indicators for gems and time don't have this issue, as gems are capped at 999 and the time indicator automatically changes to include a fourth digit when it reaches over 999 seconds/steps.
Algebroot

Re: "Dynamite" indicator only has three digits even when holding more.

Post by Algebroot »

Looking again, I was partially wrong: When I set the intervals to something longer, I also noticed another actual issue.

The inventory items actually cap at one thousand per player; one more slot than it is supposed to be for a single player, resulting in the maximum amount of inventory items causing the counter to read "000" despite having the maximum. The issue becomes compounded when items are added to other players' inventories when the interface is set to show all players' inventories simultaneously, resulting in it trying to read 4000 inventory slots maximum (1000 per player).

The other issue I found: The game seems to be unable to tell whether or not the other three players are alive on the gameplay field, so it adds to the other three players' inventories even in levels when it's impossible for the other three to appear, indirectly resulting in an irreversable shift in inventory count if other players don't exist or are dead.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: "Dynamite" indicator only has three digits even when holding more.

Post by Holger »

I have just released a new version of the game that fixes the problem with the number of digits for the inventory (dynamite) count in the game panel, automatically extending it to four digits if it reaches 1000 or more.

I haven't checked the other issue so far, though.