[MM] Tapes are still messing up start positions of mirrors

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

[MM] Tapes are still messing up start positions of mirrors

Post by Eizzoux »

Basically, I was trying to speedrun Deflektor with slow gameplay snapshot mode (kinda like TAS, but tools are purely in-game vanilla), did a 3 second run of first level, but when I played the tape, the run was messed up. At first I thought it was snapshot mode what was messing up the timings, but then I tried it with just saves, and all of my actions were on-point, a-and... it was still broken. It took me a while to realize that the problem was that the starting mirror didn't quite have right angle and instead was one angle after the intended angle. I especially noticed that after taking a run with first mirror rotating straight to the top left mirror so I didn't have to manually rotate it into there. After saving the run I watched the tape and noticed it was slightly tilted to the left at the start instead (146.25 instead of 135). I tried several runs and all of them were messed up because of the mirror starting at a different angle. I'm assuming that might also be the problem of the game speed, I think I should test that out later...
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: [MM] Tapes are still messing up start positions of mirrors

Post by Holger »

Just tried to reproduce the problem you described, using the first level of level set "Deflektor". I recorded some gameplay with "normal" speed and "very slow" speed, with and without saving and loading tapes (using F1 and F2).

Both times I could replay the final tape without problems.

Do you have a (as short as possible, if possible) step-by-step description how to reproduce the problem you encountered?

P.S.: I used the latest R'n'D version 4.3.0.2 for the tests (not the older MirrorMagic version 3.0.0).