4.3.0.1: Android touch controls just don't work on some days?

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

hecko

4.3.0.1: Android touch controls just don't work on some days?

Post by hecko »

When I first downloaded the game on Android (November 17, if that matters), it didn't respond to any of my touch inputs, both in the F-Droid version and the direct download; I ended up assuming it required a hardware keyboard. The next day, however, touch controls worked just fine, and they continued to do so until today. I haven't updated my system during that time, and am honestly not sure what could cause this, let alone so intermittently. (Very helpful, I know...)

System information:
POCO X3 Pro (M2102J20SG)
Android 11 (RKQ1.200826.002)
MIUI Global 12.5.2.0 (RJUEUXM)
hecko

Re: 4.3.0.1: Android touch controls just don't work on some days?

Post by hecko »

After some testing, it might have to do with uptime? It didn't work on the days where I turned my phone off and on in the morning, worked the day after that (~30 hours uptime), then didn't work right after a reboot. I guess it's not as awful as if it were to depend on day of the week, but it's still really odd to me.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: 4.3.0.1: Android touch controls just don't work on some days?

Post by Holger »

Hi hecko, welcome to the forum! :)

What you encountered with the Android version of R'n'D seems really strange to me! I've never experienced such behavior before. (I'm also using Android 11 on one of my test devices, both on a phone and a tablet)

If I understand you right, it not only affects the touch button controls during the game, but also the "normal" controls and buttons in the menu, is that correct?

Has anybody else experienced similar strange behavior using the Android version?