Editor tiny quirk for even more customizability

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Editor tiny quirk for even more customizability

Post by Eizzoux »

I have a little idea to expand editor's customizability:
CONF lines to limit editor palette for individual levelsets only to User defined levels + removing +/- group buttons to only keep group abreviations or maybe even no group separating at all. I remember mentioning this idea a while, but that was just a while ago. That kind of idea just came up to be because I want to do the editor with not just a huge pallete of items, but instead a simple small list of objects which would simply fit in just one short line. I also kinda came up with this kind of palette which perhaps could be executed if original palette list would be fixed in just one spot.
Honeycam 2021-09-07 03-04-25.gif
Honeycam 2021-09-07 03-04-25.gif (40.61 KiB) Viewed 6988 times
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Editor tiny quirk for even more customizability

Post by Holger »

I must admit that I did not fully understand what you want to achieve here exactly. :-o

Regarding "to limit editor palette for individual levelsets only to User defined levels", you could use "user defined element list" in the "setup -> editor" menu (which is "off" by default, I think).

The other idea (as demonstrated with the animated GIF) looks interesting, though! But I'm not sure about usability, especially if the list of elements to select is larger than just a few items (as it may work for the Mirror Magic / Deflektor engine elements). You would at least need one more button, I think, to not only switch to the next element, but also to go one element back in the list. (Else it could be frustrating if you switched one element too far by accident when selecting elements.)

All in all, I'm not sure if such a feature would be too useful, but maybe I just missed the point? :?
Eizzoux

Re: Editor tiny quirk for even more customizability

Post by Eizzoux »

Holger wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:25 pm Regarding "to limit editor palette for individual levelsets only to User defined levels", you could use "user defined element list" in the "setup -> editor" menu (which is "off" by default, I think).
I know, but my point is to limit editor elements in a specific levelset only to user defined elements without any other groups and just any grouping in general so we could fully customize the editor palette only to it's own spectre of elements instead of all things with just one group of only specified elements. Kind of like when I choose Mirror Magic engine and so game limits objects only to DF, MB and TXT and Supaplex engine only to SP, but in this case, it would automatically limit objects to "MY" section for "this" specific levelset.
Also, speaking of, if there would be also an attribute for levelsets to disable any element grouping in palette and would keep everything user defined outside of any groups, that would let us "fix" the palette and keep it fixed for even more palette flexibility purposes like... that would let us pretty much make custom palettes with, let's say, name definitions or custom icons, etc. I just don't have anything to show now to demonstrate what I mean.
𒈟