Better Together: A brand new high-effort multiplayer levelset for Rocks'n'Diamonds!

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Better Together: A brand new high-effort multiplayer levelset for Rocks'n'Diamonds!

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

Hello, all of you lovely forum members!

It's been over a year since I began work on it, and a year and two days the last time I posted news about it on the forum... but now, I'm happy to announce that Better Together, my high-effort multiplayer levelset, is finally ready for a first release!

VERSION 1.0.0 of my levelset includes:
- 30 full-fledged 2-player Levels, some of which provide considerable challenges (at least to me :( )
- One 3-player level and one 4-player level (more to come in version 1.1.0!)
- Some new graphics, sound effects, and music to give a fresher experience
- An extreme level of polish all around - I made sure that there were as little discrepancies in the levelset as possible

I will be updating this levelset as frequently as needed (or, as frequently as I can, in the case of version 1.1.0). If you find anything in the levelset that seems a bit "off" to you, feel free to tell me and I'll look into it!

If you want to download and play the levelset, you can use this link to get a .7z file:
https://www.artsoft.org/RELEASES/rocksn ... r-1.0.0.7z

I'm assuming you all know how to use 7zip to extract these kind of files, so with that, I wish you all a good day.
And to those of you who will play the levels - HAVE FUN!!! :D

- SlappyHappy2000 (SH2K)

P.S.
You NEED multiple players to complete the levels; these levels are not possible with only one player!
Remember to activate "Team Mode" by clicking on the word "NAME" on the level selection screen. To switch back to one player, press "TEAM" on the level selection screen.
BrownSky

Re: Better Together: A brand new high-effort multiplayer levelset for Rocks'n'Diamonds!

Post by BrownSky »

Hi SlappyHappy2000,

Thanks for this - will give it a try.

Your post scored immediate 'value' points for the tip on how to toggle between team and single player mode - I'd been doing it the old-fashioned (hard) way...

John