New option to have elements behave like acid

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

SLAPPYHAPPY2000

New option to have elements behave like acid

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

Acid is an element that cannot properly be reproduced with Custom Elements, even though there are indeed workarounds, it is admittedly very bulky.
I wonder, is there a way to make a Custom Element "behave like acid", so elements can automatically fall in and be absorbed in said Custom Element like acid?
Just a thought.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: New option to have elements behave like acid

Post by Holger »

The "acid" element sort of violates the "unwritten law" that two elements cannot be at the same tile, in that a movable element can move towards a tile that is already occupied by the "acid" elements (causing the moving element to be absorbed).

That is, the "acid" element is indeed a "special" element with non-standard behaviour, and cannot be emulated using custom elements.
Eizzoux

Re: New option to have elements behave like acid

Post by Eizzoux »

Holger wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:30 pm That is, the "acid" element is indeed a "special" element with non-standard behaviour, and cannot be emulated using custom elements.
Isn't there another "special" element which can partially behave like empty space or something? I remember there's a Sokoban Field which is "empty" relatively to sokoban object and full sokoban field (and, funny enough, there's a weird way to create more of those "special" elements by a certain glitch I reviewed a while ago, where one of two elements starts behaving just like sokoban field and even becomes one once you push a sokoban object in it)
𒈟