pause during tape replay tape, replay tape again issue; until R'n'D restart

Found a bug in R'n'D? Report it here!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

BryanFRitt

pause during tape replay tape, replay tape again issue; until R'n'D restart

Post by BryanFRitt »

At the menu with 'START GAME' in it, with a level with a completed tape selected.
Press the keyboard shortcut to 'QUICK LOAD FROM TAPE'.
It'll finish, and replay again if the keyboard shortcut is pressed again from the same menu, etc...
However, if replay is paused at some point, the next replay will start from this pause point instead of replaying from start like it would have done if pause was never pressed.
If paused during ending score bonus(or whatever it's called), the next replay will just show the level and exit the level.
Upon restarting R'n'D, this reverts back to fully replaying tape instead of starting at pause point.

I could imagine someone wanting it to behave like this when playback is paused, but it's not what one would expect this to do by default.
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
Holger
Site Admin

Re: pause during tape replay tape, replay tape again issue; until R'n'D restart

Post by Holger »

Well, that sounds strange ... I have to check this before I can say something about it, but I'm almost sure that you encountered something buggy. :-)
BryanFRitt

Post by BryanFRitt »

I'd tried something like this again on a another levelset(MARTIJN - MURPHY'S ADVENTURES), and this time I noticed that sometimes when this happens, the game doesn't respond to my directional key presses.
Life is partially trying to strike a balance between generating new things/ideas, and making sure they are good/organized. These extremes can be said to between gibberish mess and nothing said/done.
BryanFRitt

Post by BryanFRitt »

BryanFRitt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:36 pm I'd tried something like this again on a another levelset(MARTIJN - MURPHY'S ADVENTURES), and this time I noticed that sometimes when this happens, the game doesn't respond to my directional key presses.
This seems to be an every other time situation. One time the movement keys don't do anything, the next time they will. EDIT: Well, it did seem like this for a while.